ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 12-07-2014   #11
edram454

Default Re: Question about rear hatch glass..

Quote:
Originally Posted by WB9MCW View Post
Ed do you trust it enough for high speeds?
yes. I have gone 130mph no problem. it holds the glass just as hard as the regular hatch latch does. the corvettegadgetman improved the design and that is the one I got. mine is a two piece design that makes the fit tighter. It is a nice little piece. I never take mine off.

ed ramos

1990 #3028..siamese ported plen/hous/SGC/fidanza/DRM LTHeaders/DRM roll cage/camber rod/drilled slot rotors hawk track pads/grand sport calipers/full corsa exhaust/Hurst/NO cats/custom SGC chip/cbeamplate/315's on all 4/intake water plugged/smog removed..RC injectors/LED lights..SHOULD NOT HAVE PUT ALL THE MONEY IN IT.. SOLD.
edram454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014   #12
WB9MCW

From his website:

Please note: As with all hatch vent devices, it is not recommended to drive the vehicle with the roof on and the hatch open as this could possibly draw exhaust fumes into the passenger compartment. Other situations such as driving slow, heavy tailwind, etc. could reduce air flow through the passenger compartment and allow exhaust fumes to enter through the rear hatch. As with all such hatch vent devices you will notice that there will be some movement of the glass when driving. This is normal as the window is no longer making tight contact with the window seal.

Do you get the exhaust is the cab much?
Does the glass move much?
What about when you want to close the hatch all the way? Do you have to remove it?
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014   #13
edram454

Quote:
Originally Posted by WB9MCW View Post
From his website:

Please note: As with all hatch vent devices, it is not recommended to drive the vehicle with the roof on and the hatch open as this could possibly draw exhaust fumes into the passenger compartment. Other situations such as driving slow, heavy tailwind, etc. could reduce air flow through the passenger compartment and allow exhaust fumes to enter through the rear hatch. As with all such hatch vent devices you will notice that there will be some movement of the glass when driving. This is normal as the window is no longer making tight contact with the window seal.

Do you get the exhaust is the cab much?
Does the glass move much?
What about when you want to close the hatch all the way? Do you have to remove it?
If I am moving I get no exhaust smell. if i stay and idle somewhere I get some exhaust smell. I get great exhaust sounds with the hatch open. It is the best thing you will ever hear. the glass does not budge. when you want to close the window all the way simply remove it easily without tools in 2 seconds. With my exhaust system that is totally unrestricted it is an amazing sound. I should record it so you can hear it.

ed ramos #3028

1990 #3028..siamese ported plen/hous/SGC/fidanza/DRM LTHeaders/DRM roll cage/camber rod/drilled slot rotors hawk track pads/grand sport calipers/full corsa exhaust/Hurst/NO cats/custom SGC chip/cbeamplate/315's on all 4/intake water plugged/smog removed..RC injectors/LED lights..SHOULD NOT HAVE PUT ALL THE MONEY IN IT.. SOLD.
edram454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014   #14
JimZRyd

Good info there guys! I'll also be ordering one of these from the Gadgetman to replace the POS I got from Mid America.

1994 ZR-1 Admiral Blue/Black #245
1996 Callaway Supernatural 450
1990 Callaway Supernatural 490 / CR-1 #7
JimZRyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014   #15
JFFerner

Okay, you made me a believer. I just ordered one a few minutes ago.

And so it goes....Jim
JFFerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014   #16
-=Jeff=-

I have owned a C4 since 1993.. I would say 95% of the time I have the hatch vent in and the hatch popped open.. NEVER had an issue..

as to the gas smell coming in the car with the roof on and windows closed, I suppose it is possible, however, I would recommend removing it if the roof is on and windows are up and it is raining..

Not fun getting pelted in the back of the head with rain drops while doing 70 on the highway..

I have used:
this one in the past:

This one currently:

And I had a custom one made by a member on CF I used as well (not the CF Gadgetman one) I will need to look for a pic of it
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - Flowmaster Cats - Borla Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote