ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 10-23-2017   #11
A1990

Default Re: Had such a great time at MR5.... any plans yet for MR6?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccmano View Post
Count me in for the RMR! I lived in Castle Rock CO, for 5 years and know the area well. Are you going to try and time it with attending Vettes on the Rockies in Dillon? Great event on its own.
H
Vettes on the Rockies is scheduled for August 23-26 which is the same as Carlisle. It is actually at Steamboat Springs after several years at Winter Park. This event has become more of a Looking Glass Corvette Association event and for several years was closed to the public. Now LGCA members have the first chances to register for the event (Sign up period Jan-Feb) then the general public has a chance after that for limited spots. It says they anticipate a waiting list. So your best bet to attend is to join LGCA.

I believe the dates we were thinking about were in July and would coincide more with Blackhills Corvette Classic rather than Vettes on the Rockies.
90 ZR-1 #2562 Atomic-Z
ZR-1 Net Registry Chairman of the Board
ZR-1 Net Registry Treasurer
A1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017   #12
Ccmano

Default Re: Had such a great time at MR5.... any plans yet for MR6?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Workman View Post
Yes, that gathering did come up in conversation. The issue might be conflict with Carlisle - as Dennis and others are involved and can't do both. But, we'll leave it on the table, as nothing is decided as yet.

That said, Dillon Co might be a great place to use as a base of operations, visa vis the MR runs in the Appalachians. Food for thought!
Dillon, is a great location, right off the freeway and central to some great mountain driving. Breckinridge, about 10 miles further into the mountains down the same road is also good. I would stay away from Vail it’s too pricey even in the off season. Let me know if you guys need any help.
Hans
90'ZR-1 #1461 Red/Black
Ported Intake, Degreed Cams, OBX Headers & Exhaust, Fidanza FW, Secondary Delete, Custom tune, C6 GS Wheels. Sold
08 C6 Z51 Crystal Red Metallic Sold Vararam Intake, Tune, Sold
05 C6 Z51 Red/Black Sold
90'ZR-1 #1723 Black/Gray Sold but not forgotten
91' Z51 L98 White Vert. My First, you always remember your first. Sold.
Ccmano is offline   Reply With Quote