ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > Cleaning and Waxing

Old 10-13-2009   #11
Dylan@Adams

Default Re: Pad life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffvette View Post
Dylan, anytime I seat the pad I make sure to press down with my hand, or use the surface of the car as point to seat. I'll be more than happy to send the pad to you for an inspection.

Thanks!
Not at all necessary, just pointing out that anytime in the past I've heard of problems similar to this its turned out the user wasn't fully seating the pads on the backing plate before starting. If thats not the case with yours maybe its just a defective pad... in any event make sure to call and get it replaced ASAP. We back everything up we sell so lets get you a new pad!!
Old 10-25-2009   #12
jonszr1

what speed were you using the pad weh it went bad .if you are using a porter cable meguires found that 5 and above created enough heat to seperate the backing from the pad . you can use yellow 3 m glue to put it back on .
jonszr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009   #13
Dylan@Adams

If you're generating any measurable amount of heat with a porter cable then something is seriously wrong. I can polish all day and the pad is barely warm at speed 6 on the 7424xp... this weekend at a clinic I demonstrated this to more than a few people after polishing the hood of a black car with some deep swirls for the better part of 20 minutes the pad was not even warm, definitely not hot enough to cause delamination.