ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 08-17-2021   #11
Jagdpanzer

Default Re: Well, I think It's Now Time to Find My ZR-1

When it comes to the wife you have to ask yourself, is it better pleading for permission or begging for forgiveness?
George Braml Intake
Jagdpanzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021   #12
RichieDMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagdpanzer View Post
When it comes to the wife you have to ask yourself, is it better pleading for permission or begging for forgiveness?
Well...I don't want to push my luck. Our 10th Anniversary is this Friday and she decided I should get the Rolex I have always wanted as an anniversary gift. She's actually very tolerant of my toys and puts up with me liking far flashier things than she does.

I also know that she will have no issue with me buying a ZR-1 provided it is a planned out thing and she is aware of it. I had been watching them online for a while getting a feel for the market...not expecting a really good fit to come along. So, I couldn't get her prepared in time. She's actually cool with the plan now. So, I'm officially looking and will jump on the right car when it comes along. I'm also selling a car so I have space for a ZR-1 (her biggest issue with my car hobby is I have too many cars and not enough space...if a new one is coming in then one has to go).
RichieDMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021   #13
Z51JEFF

You just missed a 94 with 19,000 miles on the ZR-1 page on Facebook, we sold for $27,000. It was the color you want but that car on BaT would have gone for maybe $35,000+. As time drags on you may have to start removing things from the wish list and find something lose to what you want. Prices are on the rise so my advice to anyone wanting a Z to act on it now. The Dunn head thing is nothing,just a minor rarity to add to the conversation,It means nothing really. Good luck on your search,once you drive that Z,zing it up to 7000 you'll go home and throw rocks at that Camaro.😁
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021   #14
RichieDMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z51JEFF View Post
You just missed a 94 with 19,000 miles on the ZR-1 page on Facebook, we sold for $27,000. It was the color you want but that car on BaT would have gone for maybe $35,000+. As time drags on you may have to start removing things from the wish list and find something lose to what you want. Prices are on the rise so my advice to anyone wanting a Z to act on it now. The Dunn head thing is nothing,just a minor rarity to add to the conversation,It means nothing really. Good luck on your search,once you drive that Z,zing it up to 7000 you'll go home and throw rocks at that Camaro.😁
Well, a lot of what I want on my list is already "would likes" anyway. The big things for me are year, color, and condition. If I can find a car that has those and fits my budget then I will be happy. If it has a few other "goodies" off the list even better.

Is there a ZR-1 Registry group or was it a different Facebook group that you are talking about? I did a little looking for ZR-1 groups on Facebook but didn't see a ton of activity.

One thing I need to do is make a list of websites to check daily.
Old 08-18-2021   #15
WARP TEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieDMD View Post
Well, a lot of what I want on my list is already "would likes" anyway. The big things for me are year, color, and condition. If I can find a car that has those and fits my budget then I will be happy. If it has a few other "goodies" off the list even better.

Is there a ZR-1 Registry group or was it a different Facebook group that you are talking about? I did a little looking for ZR-1 groups on Facebook but didn't see a ton of activity.

One thing I need to do is make a list of websites to check daily.
Richie, this is the only significant ZR-1 Registry group. All the other groups or forums are simply offshoots or pale imitations of the ZR-1 Net Registry. --Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021   #16
DRM500RUBYZR-1

I append this quote to every car on my site.
It succinctly states one of my strongest beliefs gained from years of making the mistake of trying to "save" when buying something.
Since religiously adhering to the quote below, I have become a significantly happier person, hence my reason for sharing it with you.

"Buy the best example of what you want and pay whatever it takes. That way, you cry only once."

Bruce Meyer Founding Chairman of the Peterson Automotive Museum

Marty

Last edited by DRM500RUBYZR-1; 08-18-2021 at 10:29 AM. Reason: punctuation
DRM500RUBYZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021   #17
RichieDMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM500RUBYZR-1 View Post
"Buy the best example of what you want and pay whatever it takes. That way, you cry only once."
I think you are 100% correct. I have not followed this advice in the past a couple times and regretted the decision. No more.
Old 08-18-2021   #18
dredgeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM500RUBYZR-1 View Post
I append this quote to every car on my site.
It succinctly states one of my strongest beliefs gained from years of making the mistake of trying to "save" when buying something.
Since religiously adhering to the quote below, I have become a significantly happier person, hence my reason for sharing it with you.

Bruce Meyer Founding Chairman of the Peterson Automotive Museum

Marty
AMEN!

1992 Bright Red/Black ZR1 #246
Dana 4:10 gears
Polished LT5 by Haibeck
Polished Fikse FM5's with Michelin Pilot Sport 2
Stainless Works headers and cats with Corsa
dredgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021   #19
RichieDMD

So, I might have found a car. I've made posts here and on other forums looking for a ZR-1 and today someone responded to one of them. He told me he has a 1995 Torch Red ZR-1 that he's thinking about selling. It's red/beige. Approximately 38K miles, original, new tires, and passed California Smog within the last 2 months.

He said he only has one top (transparent), original windshield, that the car is in very good condition but the key fobs don't work.

This sounds like it might be a really good fit. But, I am excited and I don't want to let that excitement push me into making the wrong decision. So, I sent him a message and asked for photos and I also asked the following questions about the car:

First, are there are dings, cracks, or damage to paint or body?
Does the A/C work and blow cold?
Does the windshield have delamination present?
Do power windows, seats, and adjustable suspension work?
Does the stereo (including CD and tape deck) work?
Do any interior buttons not work or function properly?
Do the headlights come up and down smoothly?
Does the car come with the original owners manual and targa top wrench? Are there any original window stickers?
Do you have a maintenance history for the car?
Does the car have any history of accidents?
Does it have a clean title?

I would really appreciate the help of the rest of the community here with what else to ask and what to look for. I'm worried that in my excitement I might miss or forget something.

Also, I have never purchased a car from another state from a private party so I'm a little worried about making sure I do this safely. It's a lot of money to spend (and I don't want to risk getting scammed).

Thanks.
Old 08-21-2021   #20
HAWAIIZR-1

Default Well, I think It's Now Time to Find My ZR-1

I remember you from when you were first searching. Glad to hear you are still pursuing the dream and taking your time to find the ?right? car. Here is a buyer?s guide from the Registry:

http://www.zr1netregistry.com/Market...yersGuide.aspx

My 95 (3rd Z) purchased in 2016 had 28K miles at that time. Everything was working and still does so I was very fortunate and the reason I bought it despite was I checking it out for someone else (they decided they wanted a different color). I would ask for help from one of the Z veterans here in the area where your potential car is. Some of the brothers here will check it out for you. The best way is to have it checked in person by someone you trust. Best wishes in your quest.

Aloha!
Craig

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

Last edited by HAWAIIZR-1; 08-21-2021 at 08:03 PM.
HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote