ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 04-20-2011   #11
ZZZZZR1
Banned
BANNED

Default Re: FX3 Woes

Jeff

How much were the Shocks? Corvette central?

Another 1990/1991 owner might need them

Thanks

David
ZZZZZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011   #12
-=Jeff=-

I got them at Corvette America.. list is $207.99 But I am able to go through a member of my local club that handles the club orders and I go a discount on them, I forget exactly what I paid, but it was better then any other place I looked
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - Flowmaster Cats - Borla Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011   #13
tomtom72

This is where I got mine. Check out the link, go to the bottom of the page.

http://eshocks.com/bil_veh.asp?Model...tein&SubChar=Q

bottom is for 89 - 91, the rest are about at the middle of the page.
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011   #14
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Jeff=- View Post
Okay did some more research.. the issue you saw ted was a code for time out.. mine are codes of out of position. After reading this: http://www.zr1netregistry.com/sixsteps.htm and asking Marc h they both said my issue is different

I need to fix the other side then I will reset and see where I am, but it sure looks like the Actuators are working as they should

I have the Out of position error, what else should I check?
Jeff the crown height to actuator height is critical. When I installed these brand new I received the same errors as I also installed new bushings from DRM as well. I let the weight of the car compress them for about a week. Now pull the shocks and make sure the top thread of the internal shock rod is 1.5 threads above the top nut. Use a wrench in the slot on the shock rod to prevent it from turning while tightening down. Reinstall and clear the codes.
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011   #15
-=Jeff=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDCYLON View Post
Jeff the crown height to actuator height is critical. When I installed these brand new I received the same errors as I also installed new bushings from DRM as well. I let the weight of the car compress them for about a week. Now pull the shocks and make sure the top thread of the internal shock rod is 1.5 threads above the top nut. Use a wrench in the slot on the shock rod to prevent it from turning while tightening down. Reinstall and clear the codes.
yes that is what Marc h said, but it was more critical to be too far over then a slight bit under..

Once I pull the Pass Side, I will match it to the ones I removed ( I had all the extra pieces) and will see if I can get the pass side working.. then move back to the driver side
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
Old 04-20-2011   #16
-=Jeff=-

FIXED!!

right side gear was not set right, which I knew. So I fixed that, adjusted the coilover height and put it back together. Now, I had codes 33 & 34, on Sunday when I fixed the Left side, I tried to clear codes and expected 33 to go away but 34 to remain, but I still had both 33 & 34. so after I got the right side done and mostly mounted I thought I should test before fully assembling.. Get the keys and what do you know.. ALL COdes are cleared.

I find it odd that I could not clear the left but once both were fixed they all cleared. I am not complaining.. glad it is good to go
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
Old 04-21-2011   #17
GOLDCYLON

Thumbs up Re: FX3 Woes

Cool!
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote