secondchance...

What unit do you have in you car?
Pioneer Z140BH.
secondchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016   #12
secondchance

Default Re: Power Antenna Question

Johnny,

Factory wire for remote antenna relay is blue. For your car (assuming you had a nav head unit installed) installer most likely spliced into this wire behind the head unit. You will have to locate it behind the head unit or under the passenger side dash and splice in a switch.
Old 06-19-2016   #13
Johnny5

i remember he tried behind the headunit but it controlled all the power not just the antenna i spoke with Jim and he said the wire should be located in the rear cargo area up by the wheel wells under the carpet
Johnny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016   #14
WVZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny5 View Post
Does anyone know where the power antenna wire is located in a 1991 ZR1? I want to install a switch i bought to shut off the power bc i dont use the radio and i do not want the antenna going up and down constantly
Is the radio the OE/Bose or an after-market change. It matters!

I see "blue" mentioned a couple times and if it's OE there ain't no blue. If OE it's a PINK "trigger" that gets switched. I did mine at the receiver box/CDM under right side of dash. Some do it at the rear closer to the antenna relay.

Year does matter!

GC posted this years ago and he did his at the rear - easier? Maybe! GC mentions two pinks and cutting both. Actually only one is the "trigger", the other is for a suppression capacitor. A coin toss maybe and snip just one, put the fuse back in the panel and turn on the radio, if antenna goes up that's the wire to the capacitor. You could butt connector that and be done with it and move on to the other.

http://www.zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7034

I believe you may have bought a FSM from me so use the 8A-151-0 CELL for all explanations.

If your radio is an after-market and the antenna still functions at "radio on/off" it might be much easier to do the switch and splices at the rear antenna relay.
WVZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016   #15
secondchance

Dave,

I believe Johnny is running Pioneer head unit, if I remember correct. Antenna signal is either blue or blue/white. OEM harness - I think you are right. It's 2-3 years since I worked on these...
Old 06-19-2016   #16
WVZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondchance View Post
Dave,

I believe Johnny is running Pioneer head unit, if I remember correct. Antenna signal is either blue or blue/white. OEM harness - I think you are right. It's 2-3 years since I worked on these...
Hello Yun!

All the more reason maybe to do the switching at the rear closer to the antenna relay. If the head unit (whatever branding) is working and the antenna functions as OE up @ ON and down @ OFF then I wouldn't want to disturb the install. That could certainly create more issues!!
WVZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote