ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 10-29-2008   #11
Z Factor

Default Re: Z's in Japan!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_32212 View Post
...WHAT?? lol
I know what he is saying. Living in Florida it is nice not to have a front tag like some states do.
Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008   #12
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
i would love to hear some of their racing stories against the nissans, toyotas, and hondas over there.

Chris
Yes Chris, I did try to get some stories but not enough time and I know there are some bad A cars there that would spank most of us. MADVET wants to get a 415 or larger and twin turbos; he said he lost to a friend with a hopped up C5 that he wants to beat. I just want to ensure I don't get spanked by a Lexus ISF or something like that. What the heck to we have to do to beat Nissan GT-R?
Old 10-30-2008   #13
tomtom72

story Craig! Thanks for sharing it. I can't imagine how dedicated those guys, and others from around the globe are to these cars. It is a bit mind blowing to think that we on the mainland are considered "the eccentric few" and we have all the resources right here....everyone else is 'out in the wilderness' so to speak, and to see how rabbid you all are about your Z's is just amazing....you guys are true believers

1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008   #14
Chris_32212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Factor View Post
I know what he is saying. Living in Florida it is nice not to have a front tag like some states do.
well yeah, but if you have to have a front tag. thats the way to do it!.

Chris
[SIZE=1]1993 Corvette ZR-1 #137, 1990 Yellow 6speed coupe, and 1991 6speed coupe.[/SIZE]
Chris_32212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008   #15
Z Factor

Question Re: Z's in Japan!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIZR-1 View Post

I noticed in this picture that the white ZR-1 has cutouts in the hood. I think at least one other among the group does as well. Any idea as to why it is more common overseas, as I think Hadi also has one like that.
Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008   #16
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Factor View Post
I noticed in this picture that the white ZR-1 has cutouts in the hood. I think at least one other among the group does as well. Any idea as to why it is more common overseas, as I think Hadi also has one like that.
Yes, that Z and some others have these custom, carbon fiber hoods. I'm not sure what other options and I asked about a high rise too. He said a shop in Japan makes these and not knowing what they are supposed to run it sounded reasonable at about $1,500 US.
Old 11-08-2008   #17
HAWAIIZR-1

I forgot to share this pic of the one off frame support to tie it to the front section. These guys are serious enthusiasts. I might order me one of these.
Old 11-08-2008   #18
Chris_32212

where can you even get one of those tube frame supports? how much are they? the purpose is just to stiffen the front part of the chasis right?
[SIZE=1]1993 Corvette ZR-1 #137, 1990 Yellow 6speed coupe, and 1991 6speed coupe.[/SIZE]
Chris_32212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008   #19
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
where can you even get one of those tube frame supports? how much are they? the purpose is just to stiffen the front part of the chasis right?
I don't know how feasible the shipping is, but a Corvette Shop in Tokyo area custom makes them. I did not get the details on cost, etc. but yes, similar to how the camber brace ties in the lower frame, this one ties in the upper body to square off the stiffness of the chassis. Sorry, that is all I can guess from looking at it and trying to communicate with the owner.
Old 11-09-2008   #20
HADI-ZR1

Nice Group... Sweet Z's !