06-10-2019 | #11 |
|
Re: removing water spots
Vinegar is acid. Are you certain that's something you want on your paint?
07-02-2019 | #12 |
|
|
07-02-2019 | #13 |
|
removing water spots
Dish soap should never be used on a car’s paint, unless you own a Ford[emoji16]
Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
07-04-2019 | #14 |
|
Well what I did was to mix the vinegar in a spray bottle 1 part vinegar 3 parts water. I wet the car and then sprayed it in small areas and then wiped it down with a fiber cloth. After doing the areas that were affected I washed the car completely and then gave it a complete wax job. Using dish soap on a car will strip all the wax and other foreign grime from the surface then you have to wax the car entirely. I have never had any problem doing this on any car that I have owned it did the job for me.
|
03-09-2021 | #15 |
|
I use the meguires stuff and micro fiber. If the contaminants are bad, try a clay bar. I'm "wax challenged" as Mom would tell me but I'm learning and trying to keep the vettes in better shape.
The vinegar and newspaper trick does work well on glass. And I have to admit I tried windshield glass cleaner and it's likely not good for the paint, it does take the water spots off. My water here must be "hard" because just washing the car and not blading and drying it off leaves calcium poka dots from the water spotting. Sheesh!!! I barley wash the car, I at least want it to end up clean!!