ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 08-23-2005   #11
Chris

It sounds like I just can't go wrong as long as it has been maintained. Marc Haibeck must be a god! The few owners I have talked to over the phone send their cars to him for service. Nothing but good things about his work. Its very rare today for people to praise others for fairness and the quality work. (Don't know the company or person and by all means not a recommendation just an observation).

Anyways- The hunt begins....over this past weekend I looked at a 1991 ZR1 that is local in Northwest burbs of Chicago. I don't care for the color combo but it was a low mile, well documented lots of extra's. Taking the advice from the board posting and I plan on looking at as many ZR1 as possible. I figure if I look at enough of them I'll know whats right (kinda like creating a benchmark). Inside my head still battling low mileage OR a car that was driven and has all the bugs worked out? The color combo plays a part as well.

Oh yeah, the windshield does have a minor lamination problem. Wouldn't know about the problem if I didn't read prior post or joined the registry.

Thanks for all the responses....it truly does help. More questions to come!

Last edited by Chris; 08-23-2005 at 06:08 PM.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005   #12
Chris

Default Anyone in the So Cal area to check out Z for me

If any memeber can be kind enough and check out ZR1 before I make a flight out to So. Cal. I'm in the chicagoland area don't want to spend $$ flying to California if car is not what the sales person states. I've been doen that road too often lately. Thanks
Old 09-07-2005   #13
cuisinartvette

I'm in the Los Angeles area, if I can help, let me know.
Old 09-07-2005   #14
Z Factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
If any memeber can be kind enough and check out ZR1 before I make a flight out to So. Cal. I'm in the chicagoland area don't want to spend $$ flying to California if car is not what the sales person states. I've been doen that road too often lately. Thanks
Where in S. Cal.?

I suspect there are several members who actually live out in S. Cal., but if none are available I will catch a plane out there to look at it for you.

Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005   #15
Chris

Corvette Mike
1133 North Tustin Avenue
Anaheim, California 92807

Is the location. Looking for someone local in CA. to check out the car. They claim the car is flawless?
Old 09-07-2005   #16
WB9MCW

Exclamation

if corvette mike said its mint then i bet 99 to 1 it will be....very well known vette dealer with a top notch rep!!! jimo but just like rodgers vette in fla. mike gets top buck for his mint vettes typically!!!

link to my vette in rodgers website
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005   #17
Z Factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Corvette Mike
1133 North Tustin Avenue
Anaheim, California 92807

Is the location. Looking for someone local in CA. to check out the car. They claim the car is flawless?
No bite on my offer to fly out and see it?

I am actually going to be out in S. Cal. next week, so it is not as if I was going to fly out there just to see it for you.

However, if I get a chance to swing by I'll take a quick look at it for you.

Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005   #18
cuisinartvette

I cold swing out that way sometime this weekend, probably Sun. if they are open. Sure they wouldn't mind me taking pics, no?
I also have heard his cars are mint. Let me know

Where you going to be next week ,Dave?
Old 09-07-2005   #19
Chris

You ZR1 owners are the best group of guy.

I'LL take all the help i can get! If you guys can take a look at it that would be great. If possible, only take pics of the flaws? Primarily looking for status of condition and checkout the common problems associated with ZR1's. Like I said before, they claim the car looks like it rolled off from the factoty line. (..I told them I very pickey so don't BS me. They claim I wouldn't be disappointed.)

All dealers say that!

Not sure if they are open on Sundays, I'll get back to you.
Old 09-09-2005   #20
Corvettes White

Z-factor

Where in SoCal? I have been traveling for 3 weeks and am having Vette withdrawals. Thursday is my drinking night in Irvine/Newport part of Orange County.

You or anyone with interest in joining me?

George
Corvettes White is offline   Reply With Quote