ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 06-27-2006   #11
WB9MCW

Arrow Re: looking to purchase my 1st ZR1

WOW The founder of Thrasher Mag's ZR-1! The Z 4sale on e-bay that is!

FAUSTO VITELLO - R.I.P.
8/23/1946-4/22/2006

My father came to this country as a youngster, his family escaping the political terror in their native Argentina. He didn�t speak a lick of English. Some of you understand what it�s like to be the "new kid" in town, thus understanding that his assimilation was not easy. Nevertheless, he taught himself to speak our language by listening to the radio broadcasts of the San Francisco Giants. I�m assuming that once he got a firm grip of the American tongue, he began his rapid development, becoming the brilliant, passionate, and popular person many of you came to love and hate.

At home in The City, he juggled a rocky relationship with his own father. Though they both deeply loved each other, they often fought, and would painfully sustain periods of time without speaking to one another. It was during one of these disputes that his father died of a heart attack. Fausto was 24 years old.

Fausto had to step up and take care of the family. It was also around this time that he would meet the love of his life, my mother, while they both attended classes at San Francisco State University. He worked at a bar, he was a florist, a mechanic, and owned his own bicycle store. None of you probably knew that, because Fausto became �The Don� the day he discovered skateboarding. He loved sports, but skateboarding loved him. No rules, no uniforms, no censorship. He could say �**** you�, smoke a joint, and crack a brew. Pops could party.

He was skateboarding�s saving grace. When the industry was in the gutter, he gave it mouth to mouth. When corporate types tried to step, he remained independent. He did it all- publish, promote, market, and to top it off, he was a manufacturer. No made in china crap, he and his partner Eric did it all here in the ghetto of Hunter�s Point, USA. This legacy will never be broken. Made in America motherfuckers!

Yesterday, April 22nd, 2006, I received a phone call from my mom while I was out skating with the homies. My father, my one and only hero, had died of a heart attack. He was riding his bicycle with his best friend, Lin Ho, when his heart stopped beating. I sped to the hospital to say my final goodbye. Entering the Emergency Room, I still grasped some ignorant fraction of hope that he could be brought back. However, that would be shattered as I entered his room, struck by the sight of my poor mother, kissing his lifeless face, running her fingers through his hair, and whispering into his ear, �My baby, my baby. Fausto, I love you so much. I�ll always love you.� I rushed to my mom�s side, kissing her, then throwing myself onto my father. I�d been robbed of my greatest source of happiness.

As I sit here today, the morning after, struggling to put pen to the paper, I realize that I may live for myself, but I lived for him. All I ever wanted in life was his approval, that Fausto stamp. Hearing him tell me he was proud of me gave me the greatest feeling of child-like bliss. I love you dad. Forever. I still have so much to prove to you. I�m in it until the wheels fall off�
SKATE AND DESTROY

From a broken heart,
Tony Vitello
April 23, 2006

http://secure.thrashermagazine.com/i...icle_faustoRIP
click on above to go to the article

I THINK THAT THERE ARE A LOT MORE FAMOUS PEOPLE THAT MAY OWN ZR-1'S THAN WE REALISE!!!

4 EXAMPLE DID YA KNOW....

DA "NUGE"...TED NUGENT.....MOTOR CITY MADMAN....and nimrod!
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by WB9MCW; 06-27-2006 at 09:01 PM.
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006   #12
brodykelly

Default Re: looking to purchase my 1st ZR1

thanks for keeping me in mind, yes i'm still looking for a nice ZR1, have not found that special one yet but look every day, that's a sad story on the thrasher mag guy, his zr1 looks nice and i'm keeping an eye on it and a few others, to david hill thanks for the replies on your Z although it's out of my price range, but it sounds like my dream car colors especially i love white but to much for me my wife is still stuck on the 20k price range thanks again to all i will have a z very soon i hope brody p.
brodykelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006   #13
rkreigh

you should have no trouble finding a cherry early zr1 in the 20 and under range.

but you may have to travel and keep looking until you find the right car.

there was a really nice 94 black (high miles, 94k) with a buy it now of 19k

looked to be in excellent condition and don't let a few miles scare you. the lt5 with the 6 spd with last a very long time.

I have just under 55k miles on my LSV, which might be the "high mile champ" for a stroker ZR1
rkreigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006   #14
Jim Jones

brodykelly, I got my 90 for $19k a year and a half ago. It had 55k on the clock then. It was definitely a driver because there were a few scratches here and there. The driver and passenger seat have been swapped. I know this because the passenger seat has the tell tale wear signs on the left side. I didn't buy it to be a show car, although I have put it in a few local shows not expecting it to win, just because it's rare and unique and I always spend hours talking to people about it (which I love).

Bottom line, the cars are out there but they usually seem to be either low miles/high price or higher miles/affordable price. I drove seven hours to pick mine up and drive it home. You won't be disappointed.

I'd get a second job before I'll sell my Z!

Jim

[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/koolaid117/Montage.gif[/IMG]
Jim Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006   #15
brodykelly

thanks for the reply that sounds like the deal i would like to find a Z with around 50k miles not perfect paint but close to it, nice clean interior and preferably any color but black or red although i wouldn't pass on a good deal on these colors all for around 18-20k probably sounds like everyone elses dream too but i will find that perfect Z if i wait for it that is.... brody
brodykelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006   #16
WB9MCW

Keep the faith BK you will find your ZR-1 it is out there somewhere! And then you can drive up to Chi-town and show it to me some time! BTW a good fireman friend of mine is moving to D'ville now so perhaps it will be I to visit you!
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 07-28-2006   #17
guinnessdood

Thumbs up Re: looking to purchase my 1st ZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by brodykelly
thanks for the reply that sounds like the deal i would like to find a Z with around 50k miles not perfect paint but close to it, nice clean interior and preferably any color but black or red although i wouldn't pass on a good deal on these colors all for around 18-20k probably sounds like everyone elses dream too but i will find that perfect Z if i wait for it that is.... brody
That car of Steve Capadannos in MA is really nice. It is a GS clone (paint)...but it is a kick in the *** (435 RWHP)... Nice Car! There are several nice ones on the Net Registry For Sale section...
Past OWNER 90 ZR-1 #0120 Red/Saddle
UT Plate: EZR1DER
guinnessdood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006   #18
FU

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcat
Hello,
Check this ZR1 out on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ESTAT...QQcmdZViewItem

Tomcat
Looks like a nice deal if the price holds

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
FU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006   #19
WB9MCW

C Tusser got one hell of a deal on theat ZR-1 plus the "Thrasher ownership" extra too boot! great deal a 21.6k!!!