ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 03-17-2021   #11
DRM500RUBYZR-1

Default Re: Now The Driven ZR-1s Are Going Up - Another BAT Auction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette73 View Post
What's the deal with BAT ? On there website it says it only costs 99 dollars to list your car...Some others have said it cost around 400 and they don't accept every car..

It seems Z's are going for good money here..Heck, maybe I should have put mine on hear before I sold it privately...
BAT has two price scenarios.
The $99.00 is where you take the pictures, the $400.00 is they send out a "professional" to take the pictures.
Either way, the final decision to accept the car is made by BAT.
They also decide how high of a reserve you can set.
I am not fond of the "no soup for you" approach.
Many love it however.

Marty
DRM500RUBYZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021   #12
spork2367

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGAFF View Post
I oversee about 48K vehicle settlements a year, retail prices across the board are up almost 14% so cars in general are up in value. Only way to know for sure is a market value survey through someone like CCC, Mitchell, or if Cox Automotive/Manheim has data but so many of these pass through private hands its hard to say. I will say I have sold 2 ZR-1s in the last six months and values were up significantly.......... autotrader list prices are up over prior years also if you go look. The market is trending up without a doubt, I think performance has become so commonplace its about the experience and legend of the car... air cooled porsches are a prime example. Will you retire on a Z, nope... is there a good chance you wont lose money and might even make alittle if you bought in the last 5 years, yes.
They've been flatlined for awhile. I'm not saying they aren't on the rise, I haven't run the current data, but BAT sales alone are a terrible indicator.

I would say that the zr-1 is gaining popularity and prices will follow, but I don't think they are skyrocketing. I also don't believe that new owners know what the costs of maintenance and upgrades are.

The market trending up doesn't necessarily correlate to zr-1 prices, as we've all seen for years. Air cooled porches are not a great example in my opinion. Totally different supply/demand curves. And their "to the moon' pricing died about two years ago. They actually dropped in 2020 back to 2018 prices. They are flat to slowly rising now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette73 View Post
What's the deal with BAT ? On there website it says it only costs 99 dollars to list your car...Some others have said it cost around 400 and they don't accept every car..

It seems Z's are going for good money here..Heck, maybe I should have put mine on hear before I sold it privately...
Zr-1's are bringing good money on there. However, you as the seller don't have a lot of control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z51JEFF View Post
Prices are on the rise for C4s in general,no disputing the facts. Going down anytime soon,I don't see it happening. On the rare occasions I do see a clean C4 out on the street it does remind me just how clean the early cars look and I do think others are also seeing the attraction.
I don't think they are, or if they are it is VERY recent. I think they will rise as people look for cost effective performance. I attached a current 3 year valuation chart for 1996 LT4s. It's pretty much dead flat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM500RUBYZR-1 View Post
I am not fond of the "no soup for you" approach.
Many love it however.

Marty
I don't care for it either and I want to know who is paying some of the astronomical prices for Ford F150s and other totally mundane average mileage vehicles. The audience must be pretty freaking large.
Attached Images
File Type: png c4.png (41.8 KB, 27 views)
spork2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021   #13
Young1

I agree on the large audience. I think you are more likely to get a better auction price at this time on BAT than Mecum or BJ. However to private sell I would go with Facebook market place first then Hemmings second.
1991 ZR-1 Quasar Blue Metallic/Black #729
Second Owner
1991 ZR-1 Dark Red Metallic/Black #2040
SOLD

1990 ZR-1 Dark Red Metallic/Saddle #1670
SOLD
Double your happiness.....complain half as much.
Young1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021   #14
LGAFF

Three or four years ago my 1992 ZR-1 with 24K miles best offer was 18500, sold it last year for just north of $24K(multiple offers in that range) and I think its actually worth more now... I see a few of my comments were of course taken out of context.... I didnt compare ZR-1 values to air cooled porsches, my point is people arent so much focused on performance as the history of the car..... air cooled porsches are hardly competitive with newer cars people love them for the experience.... I think more people are interested in the Z for the same reason... and thats why prices are up.. as I noted you arent going to get rich on a Z but likely wont lose money.
90 #966-150K miles-sold
92 #234-sold
1987 Callaway TT #17
1991 ZR-1 #1359
LGAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021   #15
AndrewL

I'm one of those who doesn't care if prices go upor not, but I do wonder if factors such as a DOHC C8 being around the corner, these cars reaching 30 years of age (making them more desirable in other countries where they can be registered at lower cost as classic vehicles), and less people spending money on travel due to covid meaning they have more disposable incoke for things such as cars are factors in possible value increases.

There's a 5k mile up on BAT now, will be interesting to see how it goes.
AndrewL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021   #16
Mystic ZR-1

The 5k mile ZR-1 on BaT... Nice car, but, something doesn't look right on the photo showing the bottom of the motor and catalytic converters? The O2 sensor on the passenger side, is right out there like the drivers side. Like others, I struggled to replace the passenger side one on my car, if it was like this car it shoulda been EZ? Driver's side took maybe a minute to replace. Passenger's side? Not a fond memory.
I suppose I could go out in the garage and look at mine to see if it's different but I'm too lazy, besides, it's cold out there... Please, no comments on my mechanical ability... I know which end of a screwdriver to pound on with a hammer...
Mystic ZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021   #17
JSad

I picked up my 91 Artic White #0210 with 53k miles on it a couple of years ago for $11,900 from a Dodge dealer in Chandler OK. Poor thing had a rough life up to then. At the time Oklahoma area daily drivers asking prices were around 20k. I have rebuilt the tranny, new clutch, general tune-up, fixed a few oil leaks, added catback performance exhaust, light weight flywheel, Haibeck chip, ZF Doc short shifter, and new weather stripping. It still needs a little interior work, and some paint and light body work. I will have about 20k in it when I am done with the first round of project work.
Seeing the prices slowly creep up is nice even though I don't ever plan to sell it. That encourages me to start thinking about the second round of projects...more power, 4:10s...it is only an investment in fun.
JSad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021   #18
Prez1967

100k mile 1991 ZR-1 live today! Already at $15k

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...rvette-zr1-11/
1994 #353 "Bluey"
Prez1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021   #19
LGAFF

I think the lack of new car production drove some to revisits favorites from the past..... great to see!
90 #966-150K miles-sold
92 #234-sold
1987 Callaway TT #17
1991 ZR-1 #1359
LGAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021   #20
Prez1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGAFF View Post
I think the lack of new car production drove some to revisits favorites from the past..... great to see!
NO ONE wants to deal with current car technologies for the long term.

Our Z cars are beautiful to drive and maintain so many years later. Imagine even a late model C7Z in 20+ years with 100k miles.... nope
1994 #353 "Bluey"
Prez1967 is offline   Reply With Quote