ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 12-24-2007   #11
Sgreg

Default Re: Yeow!! She don't like long idling periods!!

Interesting comments; I am convinced Z's discharge at idle. If the amps fall, everything goes to heck ( Christmas, you know ! ). These cars just have to have a battery tender in down time.
Old 12-25-2007   #12
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri
Default Re: discharging at idle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgreg
Interesting comments; I am convinced Z's discharge at idle. If the amps fall, everything goes to heck ( Christmas, you know ! ). These cars just have to have a battery tender in down time.
Now that you mention it, the battery charge seemed a bit low when I tried to start it in the cold, resulting in a little more sluggishness of the starter. And, at one point I was wondering if the engine was going to catch at all, or was I going to have to put the battery on the charger for a minute. I just chalked it up to the cold, but now I'm not so sure.

Well, it might have been a while before I got around to questioning that. Thanks for the tip. I can check that easily enough: A volt meter across the battery teminals will tell the tail...Anything above 13.2 to 13.3 VDC would indicate to me the system is charging, and 14.5 or so would indicate the regulator was...well...regulating!

Did I mention that SANTA did bring me a new FSM this morning?? Now, hopefully I'll be able to back off on the dumb questions for a while. The manuals should help me climb the LT5 learing curve quite a bit, I should think.

Thanks for your input!

P.
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007   #13
cuisinartvette

paul,. Id replace the injectors in it, they can act funny and different every time you drive it. Sometimes good, then it stumbles, then a alight miss then is smooths out giving you hope all is well. Time for a plenum pull.
Old 12-25-2007   #14
Jeffvette

Default Re: discharging at idle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Workman
Did I mention that SANTA did bring me a new FSM this morning?? Now, hopefully I'll be able to back off on the dumb questions for a while. The manuals should help me climb the LT5 learing curve quite a bit, I should think.
Santa brings the best gifts. I'm still waiting for my blonde 18 year old girl to show up though...
Old 12-25-2007   #15
bradslt5

that would be a great xmas present . the package would be awsome but then one has to deal with the .................
bradslt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007   #16
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri
Default Yeah...and speaking of "idling periods"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradslt5
that would be a great xmas present . the package would be awsome but then one has to deal with the .................
Those 18 year old units can be HIGH MAINTENANCE - and I'll bet they hate long idle periods between WOT sessions too! (I don't believe I hijacked my own thread!!)

Well, whatever keeps Jeff's watch wound up is OK with me.

P.
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007   #17
bradslt5

Default Re: Yeah...and speaking of "idling periods"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Workman
Those 18 year old units can be HIGH MAINTENANCE - and I'll bet they hate long idle periods between WOT sessions too! (I don't believe I hijacked my own thread!!)

Well, whatever keeps Jeff's watch wound up is OK with me.

P.
A agree . but i just couldn't help myself after watching a buddy getting invovolved with a young one recently . he loved the bunny rabbit syndrome for 2 months, but the poor guy just couldnt figure out where here head was at.he just kept making the same sounds learch did when he opened the door on the adams family.
bradslt5 is offline   Reply With Quote