ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 01-30-2013   #11
Schrade

Default Re: Underside of shift plate fastners

I wonder if anyone on the boards has pulled their manual slusher, and put in an auto, and has all the parts in a box next to my toolbox?

Point out the parts number their GC, on Dave H 's snappic, and then we'll see what's here...
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013   #12
WVZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrade View Post
I wonder if anyone on the boards has pulled their manual slusher, and put in an auto, and has all the parts in a box next to my toolbox?

Point out the parts number their GC, on Dave H 's snappic, and then we'll see what's here...
The part needed isn't on the image of the console, there's no image available but if you turn your console plate over you'll see the shift boot attached with four screws. There's a metal fastener that snaps over the plastic stud that the screw threads into. GC needs the probably zinc colored nut that snaps over the plastic stud. I'm quite sure that's correct, it's been a good while. Take a snapshot of yours, yours should be close by!!
WVZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013   #13
Schrade

Woulda' got it posted quicker, but 1-HOUR photo was jammed, and the train, and had to deliver a baby...

So we huntin' the Ace nut? Or the Deuce nut?

Old 01-30-2013   #14
Schrade

I have GM Parts Catalogue for C4 in 12 .PDF files - about 2 Gigs total, if mods / admin wants to tell me how to upload it to the servers...

Oops - 21 .PDF's, only 380 Megs.

Last edited by Schrade; 01-30-2013 at 08:31 PM.
Old 01-30-2013   #15
WVZR-1

Quote:
Woulda' got it posted quicker, but 1-HOUR photo was jammed, and the train, and had to deliver a baby...

So we huntin' the Ace nut? Or the Deuce nut?
The acorn nuts have nothing to do with the discussion. If you remove the screws you'll see the nut I described, snapped over a plastic stud. Simple enough I thought!
Old 01-30-2013   #16
Schrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVZR-1 View Post
The acorn nuts have nothing to do with the discussion. If you remove the screws you'll see the nut I described, snapped over a plastic stud. Simple enough I thought!

I'm kinda' slow sometimes there Sir !

But OTHER times now, I'm snoozin'

And I need a pic of the ECM separated from the harness interface, if anyone has it. Looks like it has connectors IN SERIES
Old 01-31-2013   #17
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
I'm kinda' slow sometimes there Sir !

But OTHER times now, I'm snoozin'

And I need a pic of the ECM separated from the harness interface, if anyone has it. Looks like it has connectors IN SERIES
Its the threaded receiver portion that is mated to the underside of the console where the screws mount the shifter boot.

So if you were to remove the shifter leather boot from the console shifter plate, these four little buggers are mated to 4 hollow posts on the underside of the console.
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013   #18
WVZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDCYLON View Post
Its the threaded receiver portion that is mated to the underside of the console where the screws mount the shifter boot.

So if you were to remove the shifter leather boot from the console shifter plate, these four little buggers are mated to 4 hollow posts on the underside of the console.
GC,

If he removed the screws and the shift boot the only thing left would be the retainer/nut that I mentioned. It would be exactly as you described in the quoted text. For cannibalization I mentioned earlier where and in what vehicles.

There should be busted up console plates everywhere. Find an A4 plate and there would be 6. I'm guessing you bought a core that the boot and hardware had been removed from? If you could get the screws also it would be a plus, I believe it likely includes a plastic washer or originally did.
Old 01-31-2013   #19
Schrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDCYLON View Post

You're welcome to whatever there is. Is this something that can be broken down, without breakage from brittle parts? Or can you use the whole unit? (this is '90 hardware)
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Old 01-31-2013   #20
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
You're welcome to whatever there is. Is this something that can be broken down, without breakage from brittle parts? Or can you use the whole unit? (this is '90 hardware)

Lol a bayonet is a solution. No not really I did this on my pops 96 CE before he sold it a couple of weeks ago and bought a 2011 CTSV

They have to be pulled/broken off cleaned out (Plastic removed) from these fastners. I would be interested if the upper trim is already trashed scraped etc. I would not want to damage a perfect upper shift plate from a MY 90

At the time I was thinking man I sould just buy these from GM but as WV points out its not an option at this time.
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote