ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 04-28-2013   #11
A26B

Default Re: Bowling Green Meet and Greet Friday 5/17

I don't understand all the defensive verbiage and criticism leveled at posters on this thread. I've read it three times and find the following comments/inquiries;
Quote:
What does "the remainder of the keg" mean?
Funny question & meant to be that way I am sure.

Quote:
I thought that meet and greet was on Wednesday night. And Friday was Pete's & Bob's , FBI night.
Reasonable question. The agenda shows the Meet & Greet on Wed night and the Parking lot BBQ on Fri nite, conflicting with the OP's statement that Meet & Greet would also be on Fri nite with the remainder of the keg.

Quote:
Also why is no one promoting JVD's BBQ ?
No need to be so defensive about this. Key word here is "promoting" which does not mean or imply "sponsoring" which has indeed already been discussed. Critical replies undeserved. Promoting just means telling everyone about it, exactly like is done with other vendor gatherings/bbq's.

Quote:
Why no racing ?
Another reasonable question that hasn't been asked or addressed insofar I I can tell.

Quote:
Or are we allowed to ask a question ?
Considering the defensive & sarcastic responses made in the Registry Members only section, one could get the feeling that questions were not well received. Members are the club and do have a right to ask freely and be answered respectfully.

Quote:
Why are all these change's taking place Robert ?
There were several questions asked by Frank, about deviations from past events and changes/conflicts/duplications not concurrent with the published agenda. He simply wants to know.

Quote:
do we have the proper insurance to be serving alcohol?
A perfectly logical question that has been discussed in Executive Committee meetings past. I am not sure if it was ever resolved with a formal motion & published in the minutes, so again, a perfectly logical question.

SUMMARY
I suspect the ire in the responses is primarily about the Board's decision to not "sponsor" JVD's BBQ this year. Let me say this about that.
(1) The Executive Committee DID NOT "Sponsor" JVD's BBQ at any time in the past.
(2) We the Executive Committee, recognized that the JVD BBQ was a popular event which garnered a lot of Gathering attendees and VIPs.
(3) The Registry did not have a similar event whereas there is now the FBI Parking lot fest.
(4) The Executive Committee asked JVD if the Registry could "co-sponsor" (note this is NOT Sponsor) the BBQ, hang the Registry banner, co-host, advertise it as the ZR-1 Net Registry AND Automasters of BG BBQ.
(5) JVD agreed with the Registry request. The Executive Committee did reimburse JVD for 1/2 of the cost of food and non-alcoholic beverages and did co-host the BBQ.
(6) In view of the fact that a member organized event is now a part of the Gathering, the Board has decided to forgo the co-sponsorship of JVD's BBQ in favor of the FBI Regional organized BBQ.

So, in summary; The decision of the Board is quite reasonable. The concern expressed by me and other members surrounds the Board's incorrect terminology when addressing the decision. The Registry has never outright "sponsored" a vendor event.

To say that the Registry has decided to no longer sponsor vendor events is a misnomer and not a shift in policy as there never was such a policy. What the statement should have said is "the Board has decided to no longer co-sponsor the Registry/Automasters BBQ at BG.

This is not splitting hairs. Accuracy in facts and statements are everything. The lengthy discussions and tacky responses are the result of that error. The facts have now been stated and there is, in my opinion, no longer any concern over the Boards decision to not continue co sponsorship of the JVD organized BBQ.
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.
A26B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013   #12
Pete

Misunderstanding.

But here are a couple of answers.

Why no racing?
The club never paid for racing it was always a member put his/her money up front,since no member came up with the money no racing.

Promoting a vendor?
In my years as a member i never saw the club promote any vendor not SGC,Marc H.,Corey's,Lingenfelteror,DRM. Members would post up vender events when and where the BBQ's take place but never saw the club promote a ventor's event/BBQ.

Left over keg?
My understanding of the left over keg's is, each event the club pays certain amount of money so if they only spend half of that money on Wednesday the other half will be for Friday.

Hope this helps.
Pete
'91 #1635 PoloGreen 350 LT5
11.09 @ 129.27
11.04 @ 128.86
474RWHP 400RWTQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFNFOhGGlR4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlRIOMwaDYY
https://sites.google.com/site/peteszr1garage
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013   #13
Kevin

With the liability discussion durring the drag racing debate. Has there been talk of insurance for handing out an intoxicating substance?
Old 04-28-2013   #14
FU

Psst.......
I could have easily taken care of this drag racing commitment. But because I'm being snubbed by the upper board member and because I won't conform with his antic's. My position is such. WTF.

I'm not one of your puppet's David. The club is not about brown-nosing . No *** kissing here.

Me , I'm here for the Registry (LIKE YOU ONCE WERE) and the many friends we have made throughout the years.

Change your attitude my friend................. we are all on the same level.

I will call anyone out on the matt for the benefit of the club.

MOM , where are you ?

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
FU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013   #15
DDSLT5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FU2 View Post
Psst.......
I could have easily taken care of this drag racing commitment. But because I'm being snubbed by the upper board member and because I won't conform with his antic's. My position is such. WTF.

I'm not one of your puppet's David. The club is not about brown-nosing . No *** kissing here.

Me , I'm here for the Registry (LIKE YOU ONCE WERE) and the many friends we have made throughout the years.

Change your attitude my friend................. we are all on the same level.

I will call anyone out on the matt for the benefit of the club.

MOM , where are you ?
Ah yes. You just made me proud to be an American Frankie!

Standing up for what's right and risking the ban hammer at the same time. Well done my friend!

I founded this club. I worked hand in hand with good people, and MoM and I bled ZR-1 for the members. I'm a Johnny come lately - MoM was there at the beginning. Towards the end of my tenure I witnessed actions by certain board members that made me physically ill.

BTW - if anyone really wants to know, I can shed light on what happened in previous years for the drag racing, as I was the one who organized it for roughly 5 or so straight years.

There is no question that Frank could have done it himself this year - it isn't rocket science. He decided to stand up for what is right, instead of listening to ever more bureaucracy, and half truths.

Oh the stories I could tell!

What can I say folks? If you **** on peoples' heads long enough, well, sooner or later, payback comes.

Support Frankie before he tells the club to FU - he's a stand up guy!
DDSLT5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013   #16
Fully Vetted

OMG.. this crap makes CF sound like Sunday School. Too much drama. All I want to do is enjoy my Z with people that also want to enjoy their Z. How hard can it be? Drink, don't drink....race, don't race.....sponsor, don't sponsor....who gives a rats ***. Get in your freakin' car, drive to BG and hang out for 4 days with a bunch of guys that just did the same thing. How is it possible to screw that up???

See you guys in BG...or not.

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover
Fully Vetted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013   #17
Pete

Dwight, so your saying the club did not pay for racing.

So why would it change now,i don't understand all the fuss.
Maybe i'm not looking into it deep enough but then again i don't care to.
I don't take things to heart.

If more FBI boys were coming to BG we would put up the money as a group,but i would not bust my balls over it if it didn't come togather.
I've learned early in life to say phuk it, life's too short.

This is why i do my own thing at BG.
I don't need a club to tell me how to have fun.
Heck just sitting around with a few good friends BSing smoking cigars having a few good laughs is good enough for me.

I'm with Fully Vetted on this

Pete
'91 #1635 PoloGreen 350 LT5
11.09 @ 129.27
11.04 @ 128.86
474RWHP 400RWTQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFNFOhGGlR4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlRIOMwaDYY
https://sites.google.com/site/peteszr1garage
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013   #18
cvette98pacecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
With the liability discussion durring the drag racing debate. Has there been talk of insurance for handing out an intoxicating substance?
Kevin, the Registry is not handing out any alcoholic beverages. The beer is being served by the Hotel.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR=blue]G[/COLOR][COLOR=red]rand[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]S[/COLOR][COLOR=red]port[/COLOR] Registry Lifetime Member
NCM Lifetime Member #2655
Pacecar Registry Member
[COLOR=red]ZOOM Charter Member - ZR-1 Owners of Michigan[/COLOR]
[COLOR=plum][I]ZR-1[/I] Registry member since 2012 [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]1990 LPE "368" Aerobody ZR-1, Last ZR-1 built by John[/COLOR]
1991 Callaway Aerobody ZR-1, DRM 500
1991 Shinoda Aerobody Spyder,
1998 Pace Car
cvette98pacecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013   #19
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvette98pacecar View Post
Kevin, the Registry is not handing out any alcoholic beverages. The beer is being served by the Hotel.
Robert,
You may want to check with someone with some understanding the laws...because this was the case at my wedding and I was still liable. I understand that no one on the board has a legal background, what I don't understand is why no one is willing to reach out to those who do.

I'll save you the trouble, I talked to my lawyer, and we're liable.

this is assuming we're buying the beer.

Last edited by Kevin; 04-29-2013 at 11:34 PM.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013   #20
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Dwight, so your saying the club did not pay for racing.

So why would it change now,i don't understand all the fuss.
Maybe i'm not looking into it deep enough but then again i don't care to.
I don't take things to heart.

If more FBI boys were coming to BG we would put up the money as a group,but i would not bust my balls over it if it didn't come togather.
I've learned early in life to say phuk it, life's too short.

This is why i do my own thing at BG.
I don't need a club to tell me how to have fun.
Heck just sitting around with a few good friends BSing smoking cigars having a few good laughs is good enough for me.

I'm with Fully Vetted on this

Pete
The real question is "how many years was there a club around to take care of the track rental"