ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Off Topic > OFF TOPIC

Old 01-19-2014   #11
DDSLT5

Default Re: Apology

Quote:
Originally Posted by A26B View Post
I also think it would be reasonable if the funds collected from LT5Registry members were openly accounted for and then donated to the ZR-1 Net Registry, a not for profit 501 3C corporation.

I don't think that would be reasonable at all. If my funds are to be used for any purpose, I'll be the one to decide what that will be. Should Clint decide to return funds, it should go back to those who paid the fees and nowhere else.
DDSLT5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #12
A26B

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDSLT5 View Post

I don't think that would be reasonable at all. If my funds are to be used for any purpose, I'll be the one to decide what that will be. Should Clint decide to return funds, it should go back to those who paid the fees and nowhere else.
Fair enough. My thoughts were more for all of those who can no longer be located to return the funds and probably make up the majority, considering how long its been.
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.
A26B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014   #13
xlr8nflorida

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDSLT5 View Post

I agree with Dwight. I was a member then as well but no longer now (just like Dwight)
xlr8nflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014   #14
xlr8nflorida

Whats up Dwight, long time no see
xlr8nflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014   #15
edram454

I was a first a member in 2005. My deal fell through on my first zr1 so i left the form until November of last year when I finally purchased my zr1. I joined again this month. I dont know Clint. I have heard accusations but no real detail. I dont care to know any details at this point. I believe everybody at some point deserves a second chance except bernie madoff. It takes a lot to write what he wrote and it sounded sincere. the strength of this forum is the people and information it has.

I hope the rest of the membership accepts his apology and he joins again.
\
ed ramos #3028
edram454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014   #16
Karl

For those of us who mused the drama, can we get an briefing about what happened?
1993 ZR-1 #211 Yellow On Beige Beast #2
1992 ZR-1 #427 Black On Black *Sold*
1985 L98 Blue On Blue *Sold*
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014   #17
Kevin

Larry Merrow ran the original ZR-1 registry and folded it after taking a boat load of money. Clint stepped up and started the lt5 registry. It had one maybe two good years and then it went downhill. He basically wanted to do everything by himself.

So year three there was only one newsletter, and then just promises of next month, and then another month. It has been so long ago that I can't even remember if the club gave you anything other than a newsletter.

Year four rolls around, and he has a membership drive and just disappears. so the club dissolves.

The story was that both Clint and his wife had health issues. No believe he said he had cancer and his wife had other health issues. But he was still posting on the hot rod forum about his pro touring El Camino, and had apparently bought a new Harley
Old 01-20-2014   #18
scottfab

My records show the last post from Clint to be Oct 29, 2002.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Larry Merrow ran the original ZR-1 registry and folded it after taking a boat load of money. Clint stepped up and started the lt5 registry. It had one maybe two good years and then it went downhill. He basically wanted to do everything by himself.

So year three there was only one newsletter, and then just promises of next month, and then another month. It has been so long ago that I can't even remember if the club gave you anything other than a newsletter.

Year four rolls around, and he has a membership drive and just disappears. so the club dissolves.

The story was that both Clint and his wife had health issues. No believe he said he had cancer and his wife had other health issues. But he was still posting on the hot rod forum about his pro touring El Camino, and had apparently bought a new Harley

Vett owner since 1979._It's about the car and the people
scottfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014   #19
DDSLT5

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottfab View Post

What is your point?
DDSLT5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014   #20
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottfab View Post
what are you talking about?