ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 09-03-2017   #131
BigJohn

Default Re: ACR Viper vs C4 ZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF Retired View Post
I am BSing you? How? By asking about opinions regarding the Viper? This is BS? Please explain. I am all ears my friend.
I didn't say you were BSing me!
It is you calling everyone haters!
I personally love all cars and I love driving them!

As I have asked you before are you capable of driving an ACR viper to its true potential?
BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017   #132
ssrszz4

If we drove these cars to there true potential we would all be walking!

Sent from my XT1585 using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app
ssrszz4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017   #133
BigJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrszz4 View Post
If we drove these cars to there true potential we would all be walking!

Sent from my XT1585 using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app
If you are not capable of driving high powered cars: then your statement would be true!
You need respect the power and learn the cars potential slowly;especially in a 500+ horsepower car!
Old 09-04-2017   #134
Tripler

When I raced cars many years ago the only real difference I found when getting into faster more powerful cars was how long it would take me to get around the track . Of course you also had to have your wits about you regardless . Understanding the feedback from whichever car you are driving is pantomime to going fast in any car .

Tripler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017   #135
Riviera

Viper an American as in U.S Car. - O.K. so it is assembled in Detroit, like the Corvette is assembled in Bowling Green. Sabelt seats are from an Italian company, so are the Pirelli tires. Bilstein shocks from a German Company and, oh yeah Fiat Chrysler is an Italian company. I personally do not believe that there is a single modern car today that does not contain parts coming in from other countries.

Last edited by Riviera; 09-04-2017 at 08:14 AM.
Riviera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017   #136
efnfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riviera View Post
Viper an American as in U.S Car. - O.K. so it is assembled in Detroit, like the Corvette is assembled in Bowling Green. Sabelt seats are from an Italian company, so are the Pirelli tires. Bilstein shocks from a German Company and, oh yeah Fiat Chrysler is an Italian company. I personally do not believe that there is a single modern car today that does not contain parts coming in from other countries.
I agree. I look at as "where is headquarters"? That's where the money goes.
E.I., Toyotas are made in Tennesee, but the money goes back to Japan.
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017   #137
Riviera

Quote:
Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
I agree. I look at as "where is headquarters"? That's where the money goes.
E.I., Toyotas are made in Tennesee, but the money goes back to Japan.
Right on Steve, Honda Civics are built in Alliston, Ontario Canada and the list goes on and on but at the end of the day you should look at where the parent company is based, cause that is the end of the money trail. So if you truly want to support North American jobs and want a performance beast buy GM or Ford.
Riviera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017   #138
efnfast

People don't support their own anymore. I do business with friends, family and customers first. (Which by the way is not always a good idea).
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017   #139
BigJohn

Remember Chrysler belonged to Mercedes before belonged to Fiat!
Old 09-04-2017   #140
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
If you are not capable of driving high powered cars: then your statement would be true!
You need respect the power and learn the cars potential slowly;especially in a 500+ horsepower car!
Oh, the statement is true...far as public roads go. The track is the only place to "let the dogs out" to anywhere near the car's potential! Truth is,* a majority of ZR-1 drivers' motors never see 7000 rpm, leave alone approach the capabilities of the car, with a good many that seldom venture much past 6000 rpm!

*according to a poll taken a while back

So! For most drivers, including those on this forum, the performance differences are practically moot: limited not by the cars at all, but by the skills of the majority of their dirvers! The true capabilities get blurred in the ionosphere of those truly skilled enough to explore the edges of the car's performance envelope and then tell us about it later.

So, if performance envelopes are beyond most owner's ability to evaluate it, then other factors prevail - giving the nod to whatever one likes or dislikes between the two.

That said, comparing a 22 year old ZR-1 to a (newer) ACR Viper might be the same as comparing that ACR pushrod, front-engine Viper to a mid-engine, 909 hp/8000 rpm DOHC (whatever) car. Same thing: only a very few could ever truly appreciate the difference, so "where's the beef?"

I agree with the many that feel the current front engine rwd Corvette platform (and pushrod motors too) have run their course. Newer platforms (e.g., mid-engine?) and "ultra" performance DOHC motors) will cast a shadow on that older type of car as to make their past performance levels moot, in comparison to what the future could be bringing. (Did someone say hybrid?)

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote