ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 08-09-2017   #111
QB93Z

Default Re: I need another option than Photo bucket

The procedure above seems complex and I guess it is until you use it a few times (just like pulling a Plenum), but it is the simplest I have developed so far.

I hope that a few people will try posting this way and let me know if it works for you.

I believe that a lot of members have Microsoft Office. If not, I can recommend some other image resize programs. The best feature of MS Picture Manager is the ability to resize a batch of pictures with the minimum number of clicks and screen changes.

The "Image Resizer Folder" I use makes finding and manipulating the picture files straight forward and protects the "originals" of my pictures.

It would be nice to find another single program or tool that combines the resize, upload, store and create link functions which is what PhotoBucket did. I haven't found that program yet, but I am still looking. In the meantime this is my Plan.

Jim

1990 Black ZR-1 - sold
1993 Quasar Blue ZR-1
1994 Competition Yellow ZR-1
1995 Dark Purple ZR-1

Maryland State Coordinator
WAZOO Member
QB93Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017   #112
Dynomite

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB93Z View Post
The procedure above seems complex and I guess it is until you use it a few times (just like pulling a Plenum), but it is the simplest I have developed so far.

I hope that a few people will try posting this way and let me know if it works for you.

Jim
Step 15 is the most important and as you suggest there are many ways to resize the photos on your computer.

My Step 15 goes like this and I have posted it on top of first page of Solutions. I would suggest you take your "How To post photos using Registry Forum Albums" and make it a sticky as you like

ALERT

The BIG Trick for Photo Album Use on the Registry is.....

After you have selected 800 or 400 or other pixels using Paint (or other photo pixel resize software) on your computer and applied to any photo on your computer....and after you have uploaded that photo to your Registry Album of Albums.

Once the photo is in your Registry Album (resized by PAINT on your computer) you go to that Album and LEFT Click on the photo....It will then appear the size you PAINTED. You then select and copy the BB Code. Then Paste the BB Code into a post.

Another way is to LEFT Click on the photo and Select Copy. Left Click on Insert Image in the Post Heading and Paste the Copy in the Insert Image Box. Click on OK and the image will be Inserted where your curser was set before you selected Insert Image.

Last edited by Dynomite; 08-11-2017 at 10:41 AM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017   #113
ssrszz4

Hmm

Sent from my XT1585 using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app
ssrszz4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017   #114
QB93Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynomite View Post
Step 15 is the most important and as you suggest there are many ways to resize the photos on your computer.

My Step 15 goes like this and I have posted it on top of first page of Solutions. I would suggest you take your "How To post photos using Registry Forum Albums" and make it a sticky as you like

After you have selected 800 or 400 or other pixels using Paint (or other photo pixel resize software) on your computer and applied to any photo on your computer....and after you have uploaded that photo to your Registry Album of Albums.

Once the photo is in your Registry Album (resized by PAINT on your computer) you go to that Album and LEFT Click on the photo....It will then appear the size you PAINTED. You then select and copy the BB Code or RIGHT Click on that photo and Select Copy. Then Paste the BB Code into a post or use INSERT IMAGE and Paste what you copied into a post in Edit Mode. OR.....just place what you copied between [IMG] and [/IMG] in Post edit mode.

Cliff, I have trouble following along with your procedure. Can you break it down to simple steps without the "OR" options?

Thanks,

Jim

1990 Black ZR-1 - sold
1993 Quasar Blue ZR-1
1995 Dark Purple ZR-1

WAZOO Member
Old 08-11-2017   #115
Dynomite

ALERT

Once the photo is in your Registry Album (resized by PAINT on your computer) you go to that Album and LEFT Click on the photo....It will then appear the size you PAINTED. You then select and copy the BB Code. Then Paste the BB Code into a post.

Another way is to LEFT Click on the photo......It will then appear the size you PAINTED. You then right Click and Select Copy. Left Click on Insert Image in the Post Heading and Paste the Copy in the Insert Image Box. Click on OK and the image will be Inserted where your curser was set before you selected Insert Image.

Last edited by Dynomite; 08-11-2017 at 11:30 AM.
Old 08-11-2017   #116
QB93Z

QB at the line:

Cliff, When I use the second method you detailed, I get an image of the preview, not the image itself:

Here is that image using your first method:

1990 Black ZR-1 - sold
1993 Quasar Blue ZR-1
1995 Dark Purple ZR-1

WAZOO Member
Old 08-11-2017   #117
Dynomite

Another way is to LEFT Click on the photo......It will then appear the size you PAINTED. You then right Click and Select Copy. Left Click on Insert Image in the Post Heading and Paste the Copy in the Insert Image Box. Click on OK and the image will be Inserted where your curser was set before you selected Insert Image.
Old 08-11-2017   #118
QB93Z

Cliff,

I see what I did was miss the step that opens the "single photo" screen. Thanks for your help.

Jim
Old 08-11-2017   #119
XfireZ51

Has anyone addressed the issue of videos?
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017   #120
Dynomite

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
Has anyone addressed the issue of videos?
Many used Videos hosted by Photobucket.....which are now also lost.

Jim and I are thinking we need a video just to show how to Resize Photos, Upload those Resized Photos to Registry Albums, and How To Post those Photos into posts.

Registry Albums do not have Video Hosting Capability as far as I know. An Outside Hosting would be required or use Photobucket PLUS 500 Account.