ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 04-14-2014   #91
Mitsumark

Default Re: My last effort

Lee-Came home today to find your chip in the mail..Weather is supposed to be pretty foul here in NJ tomorrow but I'll have it in the car by Wed..I'll drive around for a week with it and keep you updated on what I get..

Paul- I "whack it now" and love every minute of it..The car doesn't have a problem moving...Just smoking and eatin NGK TR551X plugs after a few hundred miles..They don't come cheap..I recently put some cheap copper Autolites in until I figure it out..Pete was nice enough to send me his #..I'm really hoping I can hold out on calling him as that means I can't get to the bottom of it..Selling it is still on the table if I can't fix it..I'm gonna drive around with Lee's chip for a few days and monitor idle/oil consumption patterns..Stay tuned..
Mitsumark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014   #92
LGAFF

...now how does the USPS get that chip to NJ in one day and I mailed out some videos to NM and MI and it took over 3...all mailed 1st class?

Good luck!
90 #966-150K miles-sold
92 #234-sold
1987 Callaway TT #17
1991 ZR-1 #1359
LGAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014   #93
Mitsumark

Hey Lee-Dont want to get excited to soon but my car seems to love your chip..The hunting idle has pretty much dissappeared..But best of all--- no tailpipe smoke.Is the chip tuned for a car with or without secondarys?
Old 04-16-2014   #94
efnfast

Wouldn't that be great??
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014   #95
LGAFF

For a car with secondaries
90 #966-150K miles-sold
92 #234-sold
1987 Callaway TT #17
1991 ZR-1 #1359
Old 04-16-2014   #96
LGAFF

Did i mention I want $10K for the chip? Its a magic chip
90 #966-150K miles-sold
92 #234-sold
1987 Callaway TT #17
1991 ZR-1 #1359
Old 04-16-2014   #97
Franke

I really like those fix all magic chips can I get a senior discount on a dozen?
Franke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014   #98
Karl

Hope it works out for you...nothing like enjoying your sports car!
1993 ZR-1 #211 Yellow On Beige Beast #2
1992 ZR-1 #427 Black On Black *Sold*
1985 L98 Blue On Blue *Sold*
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014   #99
Schrade

Mark - did you send your chip to LG?

Is there ANYone who can de-compile the calibrations in it? So we can see what your fix is / might be???

Or is that tampering with some's revenue source???
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014   #100
Mitsumark

Ok well here's the deal..Car acts much more stable with Lees chip..Idles is much more stable at 1000RPM,,but most importantly the idle kind of comes down in steps when coming to a stop in neutral without the wild hunting..So this confirms that the TB/Idle screw in my car was probably set for 1000RPM calibration as that is where my original chip had the car idling before the updated Heibeck chip to where it idles at 750-800RPM..This was my request when having Marc program my chip..I had a feeling that the whacky idling was something simple and it seems I was right..What I didn't expect was the chip to help with the smoking at idle..Although I only drove it today,,I drove it quite a bit and didn't see any smoke..Also watched it idle for 20 min at full temp and no noticeable smoke..It was spewing out with my other chip as seen in the video I posted..I'm not getting my hopes up yet though..I'm gonna log a few more days/ miles with Lees chip and see what happens..I must also go pretty easy as Lees chip is for a secondary equipped car..Mine are gone....I gotta send my chip back to Marc for him to update it with the deleted secondary's..I'm also gonna request the cooing fan turn on sooner as my car runs much cooler with Lees chip..And although I don't like the 1000RPM calibration,it seems the car likes it much better so I'm gonna have him bump that back up too..I don't know why the smoke has virtually stopped all together with Lees chip..I also noticed right away the VD chip doesn't have the anti backfire safety built into it as my car was hissing and spitting fire on deceleration..My wife says the car shot a few flames from the tailpipes while she was following watching for smoke...I'll update again soon..

Last edited by Mitsumark; 04-16-2014 at 09:29 PM.