ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > General > ZR-1 Net Registry Club News

Old 09-21-2010   #91
GrayZ

Default Re: NW region ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990 415 View Post
KEITH, JVD's post is 70% correct. It is not my place to fill in the blanks. I agree with you Keith, Vote this fall and bring about some positive change. I do find it amazing that everyone takes JVD's version as gospel.
Kurt, there is a problem,
what will fianally put this whole nasty mess to bed,

Is for Someone to explain...the 30% you are referring to as filling in the blanks.

As far as Jvd goes, my dealings, with him, have been, he's treated me
exactly the way i would want to be treated.

Just because someone is on the board, in my opinion, does not give anyone the right, to hide club info, that is causing such a rift, throughout the community. Being a board member is a thankless job, as most here will attest. That being said, it's time to throw it all out on the table...IMHO.

If i personally were being accused of misgivings that I did not perform,
you can bet the bank, I would confront my accusers.
no more...no less.

Keith
GrayZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010   #92
Rex Ruby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITLGO2 View Post
The conclusion or the gist of what i got out of those discussions were

If one does such an act and is indeed innocent, why not personally STATE the facts as they happened, explain thyself.

AND...make a 'Formal' apology, to the board, and all the members of the registry.

Because whether one intends, to pay back a sum of capital they are intrusted with, and after a few months, they have not mentioned a word about it, to anyone else on the board, well, ask yourself is that acceptable, no,i'm afraid it's actually criminal.

Quite simple actually.

I've seen no posts from Jeff, no defense of accusations. Nothing....Nada.

It's a shame, really, a young guy with a passion and Knowledge for cars, and the ZR1.

Ruining his reputation, for a little over a thousand bucks.

And.... if the board swept the info...under the rug, so to speak, as JVD stated, that Jeff was never stranded, but used the credit cars to purchase parts for his business. well....i'm quite suprised, in these days of scandal, everywhere, they would take the chance, of making themselves targets for further problems, after all, they were trying to clean up a mess.

The reason this issue is still being discussed, is there has been no closure,

The facts are muddled, but, since, JVD's post, No rebuttals have come forthwith, so, i assume, what he posted is the truth.
Agreed. From the begining I had thought that if Jeff manned up to his actions he could save some face. His no response to me indicates guilt and lack of character.

Quote:
KEITH, JVD's post is 70% correct. It is not my place to fill in the blanks. I agree with you Keith, Vote this fall and bring about some positive change. I do find it amazing that everyone takes JVD's version as gospel.
Wrong, IMHO.
It's any member and every member's place to bring the true facts to light. The board certainly hasn't stepped up to that. It's not fair for you to say JVD is only 70% correct without backing it up.
In all fairness let's hear your 30%
Even if he is only 70% correct, still makes it a bad situation.

'93 Ruby Coupe ZF6 - Muffler eliminators, Blink Blink kit and Polished ZR1 Wheels
* PA Plate: OBSSSN

'06 LeMans Blue C6 Coupe - Corsa exhaust
* PA Plate: OBSSSV

ZR1 Net Registry Founding Member #153
40th Anniversary Registry Member
NCM Family Membership #8116
Corvette Forum NE Events Coordinator
Delco Cruisers Board of Directors
SAVE THE WAVE!
Rex Ruby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010   #93
vandornjim

Quote:
ok. I'VE HAD IT!!

I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO HUMILIATED IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!!

I HAVE BEEN CALLED MANY THINGS IN MY LIFE TIME
SOB, SOG, A$$, DUMBA$$, AND LOTS OF MUTHA (YOU KNOW WHAT).

I have NEVER EVER been called a preacher, reverend, or priest!!!

I'm waiting for an apology.........still waiting......
[B]ZR-1 Registry Member #21[/B]
Pirate Racing
NCM Life Member #399
vandornjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010   #94
RICKYRJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandornjim View Post
ok. I'VE HAD IT!!

I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO HUMILIATED IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!!

I HAVE BEEN CALLED MANY THINGS IN MY LIFE TIME
SOB, SOG, A$$, DUMBA$$, AND LOTS OF MUTHA (YOU KNOW WHAT).

I have NEVER EVER been called a preacher, reverend, or priest!!!

I'm waiting for an apology.........still waiting......

93 post and I finally have something to laugh at
RICKYRJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010   #95
FU

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICKYRJ1 View Post
93 post and I finally have something to laugh at
Kinda has ring to it "Father Jame's VanDorn" (said with a wicked Irish accent) I like it !

Last edited by FU; 09-22-2010 at 03:56 PM.
FU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010   #96
-=Jeff=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITLGO2 View Post

I've seen no posts from Jeff, no defense of accusations. Nothing....Nada.
I thought Jeff Was banned from this forum when all that crap happened..
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - Borla Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #97
ZRWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Jeff=- View Post
I thought Jeff Was banned from this forum when all that crap happened..
What's to be said...just more rehashing??

I had hoped JVD's post would have buried this dead horse

When will the candidates start sending us presents etc to charm us to get our vote??
ZRWON '90 #553 & BEAST2 '93 #211, an AutoMasters Street Skinner version of a BlackWidow LT5
[URL]http://www.zr1netregistry.com/ZR1_faq.htm#66[/URL]
NCRS#894
"It's not the car; it's the people"
...Doug Johnson 1953-2003
40 years VETTE history @ [URL="http://home.comcast.net/~bbstrow/"][COLOR=#555555]http://home.comcast.net/~bbstrow/[/COLOR][/URL]
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p21dz80uGaA"][COLOR=#333333]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p21dz80uGaA[/COLOR][/URL]
ZRWON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #98
-=Jeff=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRWON View Post
What's to be said...just more rehashing??

I had hoped JVD's post would have buried this dead horse

When will the candidates start sending us presents etc to charm us to get our vote??
All I was doing was commented to what Keith said, where Jeff has not posted.

It is too bad, this happened and is over 10 pages of what was said (or thought to be said)

As for board members, it is an election year, if you don't like/want them in office, vote them out. if they are running uncontested, then step up and run..

I was both VP and President of my Local Corvette club, I know what some of this is like, but cannot imagine how to handle one across the country and over the internet.
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - Borla Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #99
FU

Talking Re: NW region ?

Nuff is enoughPLEASE let's move on....for the club

And don't get any idea's about mounting my horse Keith !
FU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010   #100
zr1mom

I have been pretty quiet since resigning my position earlier this year. I have however been reading all the emails, forum posts, etc. and feel some things need to be said. With any controversy people tend to take sides and always blames the other side for all the problems. Today even in the corporate world nobody is liable for their actions nobody takes responsibility, it's why the economy is the way it is today.

With the internet information tends to flow freely and quickly and with that you always have to deal with the problem of misinformation getting pass around mixed in with the truth. Then what is truth? Truth is usually whatever you want to believe and very few ever know the complete truth, the ones that do know the truth will usually never admit it as they themselves are usually in the middle of whatever controversy is going on.

As most of you know I go by the nickname of "Mom" strange as it might be there is a reason behind it. It's a nickname I have carried for nearly 15 years. It's one I'm also proud of because Mom's are special people.

The title of Mom comes with great reasonability. Real Moms raise our kids; they take care of the household, they are teachers, they are chefs, they are financial experts, we run to them when we are hurt and today they have to work as well. They work 7 by 24 and happy when they have 30 minutes to close their eyes.

But most importantly when it comes to our children Moms instill right and wrong. The building blocks our children need in life as we grow into adults. We are taught not to lie, we are taught not to steal, and we are taught to respect others. As children we are punish when we break any of these rules. Being children punishment might be nothing more than a slap on the hand or time out in our rooms. As adults punishment can mean loss of a job or even time in prison. Because by the time we are adults it's assumed we know right from wrong.

So as adults do we never lie? Of course not, you might just say we get better at it. When a child eats a piece of chocolate cake and Mom walks in and sees chocolate around Johnny's mouth and ask Johnny if he just ate a piece of chocolate cake and Johnny says no Mom. Mom of course knows that he is lying and knows she has to punish him not so much for eating the piece of cake, that's what children do, but for lying. This begins the building blocks of teaching our kids right from wrong and knowing sooner or later you will be caught.

As adults we still lie but we call them little white lies. So what is a little white lie? When going out for the evening our wife turns to us and says "does this dress make me look fat?" Men we know the answer, "no honey you look great!" Is it a lie? The wife already knows the truth, she's not dressing up for the public, she's dressing up for you and she wants to know you appreciate it. But lie under oath or lie on your resume and the outcome is much different.

So back to why they call me "Mom". It's because like a Mom I always tried to look out for my members. Unfortunately like children from time to time we do have members who get out of line and on rare occasions need to be punish such as removal from the ZR-1 Net or the ZR-1 Net Registry forum or the club itself. Most times it's nothing more than a slap on the hand or a timeout from the Net. True adults will realize they were wrong, admit to it and move on. However there are a few who will never believe they made a mistake or were wrong and will try and cover it up, blame others and twist the truth. And it's not because they are uneducated or didn't have parents, we have all seen salesmen lie, lawyers lie, Generals lie, and even Presidents lie. We're human, we make mistakes but a real man will admit their mistakes. We all make mistakes no one is perfect but those that live by the basic rules of right and wrong and stand up and admit when are wrong earn respect. Respect is man's greatest aspect for without it we are nothing. Once respect is lost it nearly impossible to get it back.

So when I started the ZR-1 Net back in '94 and built the web site I did so in the hopes of bringing ZR-1 owners closer together, to help one another. At the time we had the ZR-1 Registry run by Larry Merow who I respected. I didn't start the ZR-1 Net and build the web site to compete with Larry I did this to complement what he already had. The ZR-1 Registry was an international club but was run as a local club. Commutation was done only though a newsletter delivered by the US Post Office or by phone. I wanted to bring the club into the 21st century by using email and the web. Unfortunately Larry didn't see it that way; he saw it as more of a threat. But I still respected the man for what he had accomplished. The world moves forward, technology was pushing us forward faster than ever but Larry didn't either see it or didn't want to see it. Show me one Corvette club today that doesn't use email and the internet, that doesn't have a web site or even a forum. When companies don't move forward they die.

In starting the ZR-1 Net and web site I never took a dime, back then and ISP was very expensive. I took entire vacations just to work on the web site, rebuilding it several times to make it better each time. I read countless emails on the Net and answer every email sent to me by a member. Eventually costs caught up and I started a "Gold" membership or lifetime membership and collected a fee. When I decided to start the ZR-1 Net Registry and cancel the Gold membership I offered and paid back ever member who wanted their money back.

I spent endless hours building this club and the first priority item on my list was to make this a "members" club, a non-profit club an open door to the members. So that each of "you" could have a voice. My goal was to make it the best club out there. I have since had other big clubs copy my template. Again with never a thought on taking a dime even though I could have easily made it for profit.

So this issue about board members getting "paid" to attend events was only done recently for a couple of reasons. One if you looked at past election years it was nearly impossible to get anyone to run for office. Another reason as was mention is as board members when we attend an event we don't get to enjoy all the activities like you as members. I have seen many of our past board members sit for hours behind a table. I myself who have attended the NCM gatherings since '95 have maybe tour the NCM 3 times. Same with Carlisle, I would maybe get a couple of hours each day to look around. I spent most of my time talking to you which I truly enjoyed because to me it is all about you and making sure you were being taken care of. So yes we try to help offset some of the costs as well as make it an incentive for board members to attend these events by given them some money which is only a token to amount of time and effort these people do behind the curtain and on their personal time. If this job is so easy then why out of ~700 members we can't even find 7 to run for office?

So why did I leave? For 2 reasons, first I left because my heart was broken, I put my heart and soul into this club and the recent events and the actions of some of the members was more than I could bare. The other reason was my family/personal life. My uncle passed away, my son-in-law had a massive heart attack and we almost lost him, a son graduating college, a new job and some medical problems of my own.

I have step down but not truly left, I have step from in front of the curtain to behind it. I still put in 10 to 20 hours a week. I still care and will always support this club and you.

My last point, some of you have attacked this club, posting false information, and making accusations that are not true. I will agree that certain events could have been handle better. We are volunteers you voted us in trusting us to make the right and best decisions for the club. We felt the decisions we did make at the time were best for the club. Some of you think we sit back here throwing money to each other, making up rules to suit us, trying to hide the truth. That's not the world I come from and furthest from the truth. I may not agree with every board member every time but I respect what they have to say. This whole treasury thing was a very delicate issue. We are not some large corporation with a bag full of lawyers. We are members of a club just like you trying to make the best decision with what tools we had. It is a low point in our clubs history but it's time to move on. The foundation is still strong. We will learn from our mistakes and as the saying goes it will make us even stronger.

Some of you also think like a local club, where all the members meet once a month at some hall or members house where a decision and vote can be quickly taken. We are an international club with as many as 700 members, in different time zones, different cultures. Just having an election is a task in itself. But the fact is we have elections, we are a free nation sort of speak. Unlike past clubs you have a say, you can make a difference, which is what the ZR-1 Net Registry is all about!!!!!!!!

You have two choices people, support "your" club help us make it better by not just criticizing but with constructive ideas or you can leave. Here in America we have these choices.

God bless America!
NCM Lifetime Member

Last edited by zr1mom; 09-25-2010 at 02:05 PM.
zr1mom is offline   Reply With Quote