ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 12-02-2013   #91
GOLDCYLON

Default Re: wheel refinishing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Jeff=- View Post
so If I go stainless I could just do one wheel to match it or get all new bolts nuts..
You know you want to go all new. Your there now. Otherwise afterwords it will be I should of, could of would of. Treat yourself right.. do it right in one.
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013   #92
-=Jeff=-

Hey WV,

Oh do you guys think a difference of 2mm on the flange will make a big difference?

meaning if I get all new Bolts the stainless are 12.9 flange, not 14.9

also most I find are chrome plated, not many Stainless ones.
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - Flowmaster Cats - Borla Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978

Last edited by -=Jeff=-; 12-02-2013 at 08:44 PM.
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013   #93
-=Jeff=-

it is interesting, most bolts I find or in Germany or UK, 1.99Euro for Titanium, 1.30Euro for Stainless

found some others on eBay $200 for Stainless with zinc nuts shipped.

One thing interesting is all the nuts I have on my wheels match, just 40 bolts that don't

So most of what I find are
Chrome
Gold
Black Chrome
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978

Last edited by -=Jeff=-; 12-02-2013 at 08:56 PM.
Old 12-02-2013   #94
WVZR-1

The wheel bores seem to be consistent for what's expected. They seem to spec out at an SAE of .009 so I'd think the bore and the M7 is a fit. I found some pretty interesting M7 hardware and I'll try to get back to you in the AM. I think maybe the thing to do is either spend the money for the 40 TITAN to match or maybe consider an "all in" for the set.

What can people with these wheels pass on for information? I haven't seen a sole with the wheels respond with what's on theirs NOR have I seen you ask. I'd think I'd be asking what the originals are on some of the wheels that are out there. Not that they're any better than others but it might be something to consider. 12.9 vs. 14.9 I think of no consequence with a 40 bolt assembly. Were it an assembly of 24 - 30 it might be of some concern. Follow?

Some have reversed the assembly for offset purposes I believe and they should be able to pass on what they found when disassembling.
WVZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013   #95
-=Jeff=-

Yeah I figured they would post up, I will post on here and Cf looking for help, looking forward to your findings
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
Old 12-03-2013   #96
WVZR-1

The hardware I found all has provisions for "wire" so that's a no go. I believe the two links I gave you the other day both have the TITAN product and there's minimal difference in price. They're certainly light so the ship should be tolerable but I wonder about the other fees. It would be nice to be able to source them from the UK - I don't think the additional fees are as steep.

I'd just maybe do an inquiry to both and see what can be accomplished.

I don't know if it would be worthwhile to maybe make a couple calls to some domestic 3-piece wheel constructors or not. Maybe the SSR/Tanebe Group would be a choice. The dimensions are resolved, if a match is desired that's resolved I'd guess so it's a matter of "doing".

It looks like you've one interested in participating for a buy of 40 - 80 so that should I'd think help the cause.
Old 12-03-2013   #97
-=Jeff=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVZR-1 View Post

M7 Titan here:

http://www.enha.eu/product_info.php/...32-titan.html/
Almost every M7 spec is displayed here and you could dimensionally match the flange diameter etc:

http://www.titanium-touch.de/shop/in...--nbsp-M7.html
I emailed/submitted site messages to both of those, I found those too in my searching as well as your links.

both have one close, we will see what they come back with
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
Old 12-03-2013   #98
WVZR-1

Quote:
I emailed/submitted site messages to both of those, I found those too in my searching as well as your links.

both have one close, we will see what they come back with
Both had the TITAN - one @ 1,99 and the other @ 1,80 and I thought the fees were less. They weren't close, I'd have guessed a match. Did I miss something there?
Old 12-03-2013   #99
-=Jeff=-

nope, you got it and thanks, but I emailed seeing if they had a price break for x amount,

if they say I would get a better price at 100 pcs or 500 pcs, then I will inquire to anyone wanting a set. either way one of those will work if I decide to just do the one wheel or even all 4.

edit: when I mean close, I asked one if there was other lettering, then described what I had in hopes they might know what will match to it (is it stainless, plated, etc)
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
Old 12-03-2013   #100
WVZR-1

Quote:
nope, you got it and thanks, but I emailed seeing if they had a price break for x amount,

if they say I would get a better price at 100 pcs or 500 pcs, then I will inquire to anyone wanting a set. either way one of those will work if I decide to just do the one wheel or even all 4.
Forgot to mention - I've passed those two links on to an industrial fellow in Austria that buys in that part of the world regularly and I would expect him to answer by likely Thursday.