ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Club Regional Areas > Pacific Region

Old 09-17-2010   #1
sammy

Default test and tunes at fontana this weekend

there is a street legal drags on sat gates open at noon racing from2-10pm 2- bucks to race .then on sunday there is a test and tune gates open at 6 am a racing from 8 to 4 pm . since i am back in the country for the week i will be going to both .thought maybe some so cal guys might want to go out and see what their cars would run .
sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010   #2
Hammer

Talking Re: test and tunes at fontana this weekend

You're a drag racing fool sammy. Living in Elko and racing in Sac and Fontana. I thought I was bad. Those are major trips to take some passes down the strip.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010   #3
sammy

Default Re: test and tunes at fontana this weekend

Yeah i guess i am . Being that my home in elko is a place that i live only 2 months a year now (dec and jan ) now that i am working out of the country 10 months a year. One has to get in the fun while one can . It was a great 2 days got in 22 runs best being 11.71 @ 120.18 mph . The new spacers that i tried on the snubbers on each side of the car worked wonders , stopped the squat at launch and on the gear changes. Plus these new nitto drag radials are sweet .The nto5s are to me way better than the mickeys plus seem safer to drive on the road you dont feel like you have drag radials on . The tire pressures where they work are alot higher than what one would think . Best 60 fts came when having them aired to 24lbs .leaving @ 3800rpms achieved a best 60ft of 1.59, with an average of 1.68. The addition of the extentions i found that if i used my old launch rpms 2200 the car bogged so bad that it almost died . I also think that they might help the rear end live longer. Well i can hardly wait till dec so i can try some other little tricks tat a couple of guys at the track shared .
sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010   #4
Hammer

Talking Re: test and tunes at fontana this weekend

1.59 60 ft is exceptional. I can't get under 2.2. That's .6 on the line and I have run 13 flat. I'd be at 12.4 with a car that only has bolt on stuff. I think after I get the 4:10's installed I'll have to try some Drag Radials. Probably the Nitto's.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote