ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 07-11-2010   #1
rhipsher

Default Rebushing #6

The point of this is just to get the lip of the bushing started and press it down far enough so you can start the bolt on it. Then put it back on the vice for the next step.

Once back on the vice I screwd the nut on until the bushing starts to distort a little then back off one rev.

Use the same two socket and 3/8 extension setup on the vice for support while screwing the nut down. Remove the support jig. Then install the puller and and pull up 2 or 3 revs. It's a push pull push pull basically untill the lip finally pops through the bottom like this.

Is this a pain in the azz? Hell yes. Is this the right or wrong way to do it? I don't know but it worked for me. I just used my machinist smarts and what I had laying around. And whalla!

Once I got everything back together my wife and I took it for a spin. As soon as I backed out of my driveway I could immidietly feel the difference. It was much stiffer in the front. We drove around and got on the freeway. The handling difference was totally awesome. Around corners there was almost no body roll or tilt. It felt extremely planted. The only down side for some people"Not me" would be the fact that you will feel the road more which rubber insulates from better. Everything is a give and take and you can't have it all. I'm very happy with it. And when I get coilovers installed it's gonna be sick. Now I still have to rebushing the rear end and will also do a write up on that. I'll save that for next weekend.
rhipsher is offline   Reply With Quote