ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Club Regional Areas > East Central Region

Old 05-08-2010   #1
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri
Default Morris Cruise Night, Sat. June 12th

Are the FBI up for a little cruise and winding up at Morris IL for a fantastic show?

The Morris Cruise (charity) events have been outstanding in years past - all kinds of rides. The first show of the season seems to draw the biggest crowds - and last year the number of cars (well, vehicles, let's say) was rumored to be about 3000!

There were many clubs represented there - some rather exotic ones too including a club that featured restored hurses (complete with ghoulish props - what a hoot!), a club that featured decked out semi tractors (talk about a place to attach a LOT of chrome!!), low-riders, Boss Hogg bikes... However, the most ZR-1s I've seen at any event has been just 2.

So, what say the FBI changes all that and puts on a display. We could form up a caravan at a rally point somewhere near Bartlett or St Charles (perhaps?) and caravans over to Rt 47 and down to Morris in time to set up a row of ZR-1s? There are places to eat dinner and of course street vendors selling hot dogs, etc. too.

From previous experience, I would expect we'd need to show up no later than 4:00 or 4:30 as a group, if we expect to rumble in and get us all in a block together.

Well...Roll it around and see what you think. The caravan route could be expanded to make it a day trip and end up at the Morris show too.

Who's interested? Doesn't have to be limited to FBI guys - all Zs included!

P.

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010   #2
jimmac28

Default Re: Morris Cruise Night, Sat. June 12th

Paul do you still want to go, I'm going to try and make it. Jim

1994 Corvette convertible Sold.

92 #178, Haibeck chip,Hawk brake's,RC injectors, B&B cat back, X-Pipe and 49th St. Rockers sold.

jimmac28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010   #3
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri
Default Re: Morris Cruise Night, Sat. June 12th

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac28 View Post
Paul do you still want to go, I'm going to try and make it. Jim
No. My ride is still on jacks. However, the heads, according to the machine shop dudes "maybe done on Friday". The problem is, he didn't say which Friday! But, I'm hoping this week. That being the case, mebby next months cruise.

So! Instead we're going to fly down and see my new grandson this w/e. But! I encourage you to go and drag as many of "the gang" with you as possible. It is a show well worth seeing and it NEEDS some ZR-1s to "put things right"!

The northern FBIers could rally somewhere up there and cruise over to Rt 47 and then drop down to Morris. There is a WalMart just on the south side of I-80 - just as you enter Morris from the north - where the northern group could join with the southern contingent before cruising down to Washington Street (just north of the river) where you turn west a couple blocks to the event gates.

I suggest y'all plan to be at the gate at 4:30...4PM would be better...to be able to park as a group. Food and drink abound - a really good show! Worth doing at least once!!

P.

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote