ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > Cleaning and Waxing

Old 07-27-2009   #11
Dylan@Adams

Default Re: Cleaning advice

My mantra has always been if you want it done right do it yourself..... or pay me to do it
Old 07-27-2009   #12
DaveK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
My mantra has always been if you want it done right do it yourself..... or pay me to do it
LOL

One of the other guy's has a Black C6 so I'm going to wait and see what kind of job they do on his first. I guess that's somewhat selfish.

This is the feedback on the detailer in town. Sounds like they may be approaching it the same way, though this reads to me like they're just going to claybar from the start?

Great news - Al and I took our vette into Superior Auto Body this morning and it can be cleaned with a product called �claybar�, which they use to buff the car by hand. They tried a little corner of our car and were able to remove the spray from the paint, the glass, the headlights and the rims. It will take 1-2 days to do the car and it will be completely detailed.

Actually, Superior does not do this type of cleaning but his brother Scott Mercer does at the Krown Shop, 673-2620 on the corner of York and Regent. Al is over there now getting an estimate and arranging an appointment. Krown will bill the insulation company directly.

As soon as Al gets back, I will be calling the insulation company to confirm everything and I will keep everyone posted.
1991 #1516 Black/Black

davidmkelly.com

"Speed is often confused with insight." - Johan Cruijff
DaveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010   #13
DaveK

Bit of a follow up on this. The detailer's worked on the car before I put it away for the winter and when I picked it up it looked good. They'd washed and used the claybar 3 times.

However, when I was prepping it for storage I noticed that they had not gotten everything off, there are still signs of the small 'dust' on the paint. The only thing I can think of is that when I picked the car up it was bright sunshine and I couldn't see it, when I was prepping storage it was overcast.

So, now I will try Dylan's advice and see how it goes.
1991 #1516 Black/Black

davidmkelly.com

"Speed is often confused with insight." - Johan Cruijff
DaveK is offline   Reply With Quote