ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 02-26-2006   #11
RICKYRJ1

Default Re: Some money to spend...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91MinuteMan
I bought my 91 last fall from an owner in Md. who kept his lower miles Z. The major upgrades from stock are port matched intake and exhaust, a double-d callaway exhaust and a 4.10 rearend. I had it dynoed and I'm pulling 350hp & 347 ft/lbs to rear tires. All the work was done at Tony's corvette and the seller couldn't say enough good things about them. My vote, however, would be a 2-3 day package at a performance driving school and next year's bonus can go towards performance mods.
I

Is your car red? w/gray int. I almost drove down from Jersey to check it out. Owner was a gentlmen and spoke to me at lenght about ZR1's. Very helpful also spoke very highly of Tony's to me. He sent me many close up high res. pics car looked great. Enjoy Didn't mean to go off thread topic
RICKYRJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006   #12
91MinuteMan

I sold a '71 with flowmasters so by comparison the double-d's approach civilized. Under full throttle they scream but in average driving it depends on the rpms. They can be a little noisy around town but at highway cruising much quieter than prior toy. Unfortunately as to performance per $ , I have no idea as they were part of the package.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 101_0125s.JPG (40.2 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg 101_0128s.JPG (31.3 KB, 120 views)

Last edited by 91MinuteMan; 02-26-2006 at 11:20 PM.
91MinuteMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006   #13
Aurora40

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1990
Can you still get a Callaway DD exhaust?
As far as I know you still can. I'd gotten the price quote from them about 6 months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91MinuteMan
I sold a '71 with flowmasters so by comparison the double-d's approach civilized. Under full throttle they scream but in average driving it depends on the rpms. They can be a little noisy around town but at highway cruising much quieter than prior toy. Unfortunately as to performance per $ , I have no idea as they were part of the package.
Cool, thanks for the description and the photos. Actually in the close-up photo, it looks like the DD tips are put on over the real tips. I wonder if it would look more stock without the double-d's?

I'm trying to get info from Callaway about what's inside them, but I assume they should flow well enough for a 350 motor. They are 2.75" pipes with a 3.5" single mixing chamber (which is about the same as dual 2.5"s as far as cross-sectional area). Assuming they don't have any real bends or restrictive baffling, or any pinches, I'd think they should be decently maximized?

I'm leaning towards just getting an exhaust and either a nice scan tool or some nice scan software I can use on all the cars, and that's it. I think I'd like to see what other cars are like with some of the other mods before doing them to my car. I'd also like to hear the exhausts first, though.
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]
Aurora40 is offline   Reply With Quote