Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 02-07-2006   #1
zr1mom

Default Ben Labaree C6 Fund

A message from Paul P. Eggermann.

Here's Your Chance to Take Part in Something Really Special--A Part of
Corvette History that Will Make A Big Difference to People For A Long Time
To Come.

As you know, Ben Labaree has been touring the country for the last 8 years in his 1997 C5. Ben, and his wife, Sandy, started the Corvettes Conquer Cancer Tour www.corvettesconquercancer.com after she went through a devastating round of treatment for breast cancer. They sold their beloved 63 vette and bought a used 97 with money from her IRA and a second mortgage on their house. Sandy and Ben campaigned the country during 98 and 99 until she finally succumbed to her ordeal. Ben has continued to this day. Tirelessly driving his trusty 97 C5 to Corvette events across the country and raising hundreds of thousands of
dollars for the benefit of the American Cancer Society. He has also put over 200,000 miles on his car.

It is time that Ben got a new car! It is time for US to give something back
to him as small compensation for his selfless dedication to the memory of
Sandy and the fight against cancer. I am a cancer survivor myself and have also lost dear ones to this deadly disease. I know first hand what this does to your spirit and have seen first hand the amazing things that people do when confronted with it.

I am putting a challenge to all of you. Please help me raise $50,000 RIGHT
NOW to buy a new C6 Corvette for Ben and his cause. I need all of you to
make out your check or money order in whatever amount you can afford to Ben Labaree C6 Fund and send it to the following address:

Ben Labaree C6 FUND
C/O Paul Eggermann
3 Potter Place
Milltown, NJ 08850

THEN, I ask that you to forward this message to every Corvette owner and Corvette Club you know of and ask them to join us in this effort. We can do this!

My goal is to have all the money by the end of February, 2006 and arrange for delivery of the car during the Birthday Bash Event at the National Corvette Museum during the week of April 20, 2006. Please help now. I have started this drive with a donation of $500 and several people have matched it already. Let's see what we can do together to make this happen NOW! I know you have it in you. I have seen you in action. Thirty of us raised $20,000 last July at the C5/C6Registry Maine Event in only one weekend. This new effort should be just as fast.

Strong Chevrolet of Damariscotta, Maine provided the original Corvettes
Conquer Cancer C5. They have wholeheartedly embraced this campaign and have agreed to provide the new car at or below dealer invoice and are going to approach the GM zone manager for additional help. I will be approaching all of Ben's sponsors next week. I am confident that they will come forward with strong support as well.

Ben has agreed to donate his 97 to the Birthday Bash Raffle with the
proceeds to go to the American Cancer Society. Hopefully, one of you will
buy it and donate it in turn to the Museum for inclusion in their permanent
collection.

Please help me do this for our own Ben Labaree. This is an opportunity to
make a difference for one of our own. You will have a stake in his continued efforts and can be proud that you are a valuable part of his efforts when you see him at a local or national Corvette event.

Thank you very much,

Paul P. Eggermann

This is not a tax deductible donation, it is a gift from you to Ben.
NCM Lifetime Member
zr1mom is offline   Reply With Quote