ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 09-17-2009   #1
HIZNHRZ

Default NCM Insurance

Has anyone looked into the Agreed Value Insurance offered through the National Corvette Museum and underwritten by American Modern Homes Insurance Group?

http://www.ncminsurance.com

Anyone in the insurance business have concerns with their offered coverage?
HIZNHRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009   #2
ZR1Vette

Default Re: NCM Insurance

I looked at five collector/specialty car insurance companies of which NCM Insurance was one;
GEICO Collector Car Insurance
State Farm Antique and Classic Auto Insurance
NCM
American Collectors Insurance
Classic Collectors Insurance

I was looking to insure my C6 (modded...Lingenfelter engine package, custom wheels/interior yadda yadda) and the ZR-1. American and Classic fell out immediately due to their coverage was inferior to the top runners. GEICO fell out due to fact we could not agree on the Agreed Value for both the C6 and ZR. NCM and State Farm provided comparable coverage (State Farm was better in one catagory- Medical) and both came in with appropriate Agreed Value, but NCM premiums were about $350/year higher. I would have no issues in going with NCM, but State Farm simply had a better pricing structure.
So GEICO lost our business (after 20 years) and State Farm picked up our three cars (C6, ZR-1, new MINI S) and a Liability Umbrella Policy and pricing was noticeably less than GEICO for the same items.

[I][SIZE="2"]1990 RED on RED #566[/SIZE][/I]
[I][SIZE="2"]WAZOO MEMBER[/I][/SIZE]
ZR1Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009   #3
Hammer

Talking Re: NCM Insurance

I have the insurance through American Modern which is what the NCM uses. They hadn't gotten everything together yet at NCM and I had to renew on both cars soon. I've since sold '91 #458 and I'm only paying $212 a year for my '91 #473 with agreed value of $25k. I have seen other posts regarding their service, so I am a little nervous if anything happens.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009   #4
HIZNHRZ

John, is your concern with the other posts "regarding their service" with regards to the NCM's service or American Modern's service or both?
HIZNHRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009   #5
Hammer

Talking Re: NCM Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIZNHRZ View Post
John, is your concern with the other posts "regarding their service" with regards to the NCM's service or American Modern's service or both?
Just from the posts here and on the CF regarding their service. I haven't had any claims with them. My insurance prior to Modern was with Sublimity out of Oregon. Price was $212 every 6 months with no agreed value.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009   #6
ZRWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZR1Vette View Post
I looked at five collector/specialty car insurance companies of which NCM Insurance was one;
GEICO Collector Car Insurance
State Farm Antique and Classic Auto Insurance NCM American Collectors Insurance Classic Collectors Insurance ......
... NCM and State Farm provided comparable coverage (State Farm was better in one catagory- Medical) and both came in with appropriate Agreed Value, but NCM premiums were about $350/year higher. I would have no issues in going with NCM, but State Farm simply had a better pricing structure.... and a Liability Umbrella Policy and pricing was noticeably less than GEICO for the same items.
Our experience and savings with State Farm are about same as ZR1Vette's. Maybe because we have all our insurance policies with State Farm and have had since 1981???
ZRWON '90 #553 & BEAST2 '93 #211, an AutoMasters Street Skinner version of a BlackWidow LT5
[URL]http://www.zr1netregistry.com/ZR1_faq.htm#66[/URL]
NCRS#894
"It's not the car; it's the people"
...Doug Johnson 1953-2003
40 years VETTE history @ [URL="http://home.comcast.net/~bbstrow/"][COLOR=#555555]http://home.comcast.net/~bbstrow/[/COLOR][/URL]
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p21dz80uGaA"][COLOR=#333333]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p21dz80uGaA[/COLOR][/URL]
ZRWON is offline   Reply With Quote