ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 03-06-2004   #1
CanadaZr1

Default 1990 Zr1 full power bypass switch/harness

Is there such a thing for the 1990 car. I've seen it for 1991 and up just wondering where i can get one???
CanadaZr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004   #2
bans25

I think this is for the full power to be on every time you turn on the car, so its not needed for the 90's, but for the 91+ you have to manualy turn on full power everytime you start the car, thats why they offer these harnesses..

So no need for one in a 90..
Old 03-09-2004   #3
CanadaZr1

There is a Valet key, but what i want is somthing that when i put it to full power the engine will go to full power without the car having to be at the right operating temprature and oil be perfect press ect... i'll start the car and have it in full power but it doesn't fell like it is at "full power" is there a way around this

Thanks for your help
Old 03-10-2004   #4
Z Factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaZr1
There is a Valet key, but what i want is somthing that when i put it to full power the engine will go to full power without the car having to be at the right operating temprature and oil be perfect press ect... i'll start the car and have it in full power but it doesn't fell like it is at "full power" is there a way around this

Thanks for your help
Hello, and welcome to the forum.

May I inquire as to why you would want to do it? What I mean is that getting your ZR-1 to run flat out before it is at the "right operating temperature" doesn't make sense to me, but maybe you have a reason I have not considered.
Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004   #5
CanadaZr1

The reason i want this is that if i'm driving around and I encounter some h Civic or whatever i want to know for sure that the engine is at full power, i want the car to be at it's full potential when i want it to be some times ill be driving for a while and it will go in and out of full power. Can that be some sort of problem mabye???

Thanks for the welcome and the help