ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 12-26-2005   #1
BBBAD94ZR1

Default Zr1 Smackdown.

Tell us your stories on giving the smackdown on ricers, muscle cars and whatever with your ZR.

RAY

Last edited by BBBAD94ZR1; 12-26-2005 at 04:28 PM.
BBBAD94ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005   #2
BBBAD94ZR1

Default Re: Zr1 Smackdown.

What is everyone shy??????????????
Old 12-27-2005   #3
Aurora40

Hmm, I guess I laid the smackdown on a GNX, Callaway, Turbo T/A, Syclone, Typhoons, and various 4th gen Firebirds.

On the street, I've never raced anyone. For one it just doesn't tend to happen, but for two I wouldn't really want to. I'm not into street racing. I definitely don't want to be going at a high rate of speed on a public street with some chucklehead next to or behind me. The only times I really get on it are when the road is clear and there are few cars around.
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]
Aurora40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005   #4
BBBAD94ZR1

Nice, Im not in to street racing either but its nice to teach lessons to arrogant people. I loved putting the smackdown on people when I had my Gn. Most people did'nt know what happend to them. Its fun to see their expressions when a 20 year old buick smoked their new 80k sports car. I cant wait to do it in my Zr.

Ray
Old 12-28-2005   #5
cuisinartvette

Modded GT
Modded GTO
SRT Charger
'05 GT
2 Z06's

about it so far
cuisinartvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005   #6
RICKYRJ1

I'm Not into the street racing either but I will do my best to represent the King in the central Jersey area. Ray and I can take turns in teaching the young guns a thing or two when they think they just rolled up on a reg. c4 and looking to put another kill on their belt.
RICKYRJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #7
Aurora40

Hmm, I take it back. I did have one race. My wife and I went into Maryland to Capitol Raceway around the end of the summer. They had a Corvette show and go and I wanted to see some ZR-1's run. I got to see a nice black '94 with nothing but headers and exhaust run a 12.11.

Leaving the place, we turned out onto whatever the main road is there, a huge 8-lane widely divided affair. I found myself in the 2nd lane from the right at a red light, when several guys on huge Harleys pulled up on the right. I looked over at the guy in front who was right next to me, and had a feeling it was on. The road in front of us was wide open. When the light changed I got on it a bit, though not full-bore. He got on it hard so I nailed it.

I couldn't hear anything except that throbbing exhaust of the motorcycle, so I had to watch the tach closely. By second gear, I had reeled him in and was slowly moving him past the door. I hit third only for a moment, and let off in the 90's as the light ahead was still red. As he pulled by we exchanged thumbs up. I suspect he never thought some '80s Corvette was going to pull on him like that.
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]
Aurora40 is offline   Reply With Quote