ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 12-01-2005   #1
Jim Jones

Question Need Help!! Part "Discontinued"

Okay, This past Monday I finally got around to having the time to work on the Z (I had my gall bladder removed on the 17th and finally felt good enough to get out) and everything was going fine until I went to remove the injector housing hose. I noticed that it had a small hole in it. My impatience caused me to pull on the hose too hard and I ripped the end off of it. I called a friend of mine with a parts shop and he said that he couldn't get it and to try a local dealer. So, I went to the local GM dealership and I was told that the part is discontinued and the parts guy there checked there online system and warehouses and there aren't any out there. So, I'm not sure what to do now. I am posting a couple of pictures so that everyone will know what part I need. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

Jim Jones

[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/koolaid117/Montage.gif[/IMG]
Jim Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #2
Jeffvette

Default Re: Need Help!! Part "Discontinued"

Jim, you need to contact Kurt White for the replacement.

www.whiteracingproducts.com
Old 12-01-2005   #3
Jim Jones

Jeff -
First off, let me say thanks for the post about white racing products it looks like they have the piece I need. (I was in a bit of a panic mode). Second, the posting on your website about the top end tear down of the LT-5 was [U]very[U] helpful!!! I printed it out and used it to help me. I did get my coils and spark plug wires changed and am now just going to have to wait to get that part. You article was still a bit technical for me, but it did help me learn what all the sensors are and where they are. I have another question for you: After you take the throttle cables out, do you remove them altogether? and if so, how do you remove them because I just have the plenum sitting on my driver side front tire upside down? Thanks a TON!!

Jim Jones

[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/koolaid117/Montage.gif[/IMG]
Jim Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #4
Jeffvette

Jim, there are two things holding the throttle cables to the plenum.

1) is the small retaining tabs that are a T-15
2) there is a rataining clip on the end where it slides into the TB. From the front side you should be able to slide a object in to push the tab, then it slides out to the driver side.

After that you can just slide the cables down by the exhaust mainold to keep them out of the way.

Last edited by Jeffvette; 12-01-2005 at 07:23 PM.
Old 12-22-2005   #5
yellowz

hey jim
if ya still need that hose i have one $160.00+shipping

peter
yellowz is offline   Reply With Quote