ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 12-17-2005   #11
ZR-1 Mack

Default Re: How do you tell if your prom is stock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WB9MCW
my guess is that u got a mod chip already! Does the cags still function? cags is the 1-4 forced shift by solanoid activated shifting guide 1-4 gear for get this economy to make cafe etc. and avoid the gas g, tax! heywhatdidyathimk of the BIG MOUTH AIR DAM
Tom and Bryan thanks again for the info.

I couldn't wait any longer , so I opened up the ECM and sure enough the chip is a DELCO AXFK 0277. Gotta be stock. Probably will change it out this spring. Now I just gotta decide which one to get.

The CAGS must be disabled as I have the light on the dash but no limitations in shifting thru the gears from 1st to 4th.

Bryan I've seen the ones that go in the front license plate holder, but that design has gotta work alot better. Let us know how it works out on your car .
ZR-1 Mack ... 91 ZR1 Black/Black #487 NY
ZR-1 Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005   #12
tomtom72

Hi Mack, Just thought of this & sorry I'm late with it! It is possible that sone one could have used the GM Prom as a blank and burned a new program on to it. Sorry I had a brain fart! I know the stuff to do this is out there & if the eng temp & the fans are keeping your motor down below the 215* mark without you using the aux fan switch and you don't have a CAGS by-pass on the solenoid harness on the trans...then the PROM is doing all that. Usually if you burn the CAGS to the chip it turns off the "1 to 4" light where as the by-pass doesn't.

Anyway, sorry for being asleep in my last response! Did you check out Haibeck's site? He has some great info on PROMS there.

Gingle bells!
Tom
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005   #13
ZR-1 Mack

Thanks Tom. Are you gonna post your location on the ZR-1 Owners map?

Been on the site alot, just forgot he had the info I needed.

At this point anything is possible with whats in there. I'll probably put in a new chip as soon as I can next year. Then I'll know what I have and I can get the Power Key bypassed at the same time.

ZR-1 Mack ... 91 ZR1 Black/Black #487 NY
ZR-1 Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005   #14
tomtom72

Hi Mack,
okay I'm on the list! I'm not too good with software, so it took me awhile to get there. I'm always afraid I'm gonna break something if I "click" the wrong thing!

Yea, isn't there alot of neat stuff on Marc's site! I go & read up every now & again just to make sure I've got it straight.

Gingle Bells!

Tom
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005   #15
Tyler Townsley

The only way is for someone to pull your calibration from your chip and compare it with a known stock calibration. There is software that does this. Check to see that your cags wireing is still connected as that is the easiest way to defeat cags and is cheap.

Tyler
68 Torch Red
88 ZR1 Blue
90 ZR1 White
Tyler Townsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005   #16
WB9MCW

ZR-1 Mack the front plate is an air ram for the intake...different then the big mouth which is for engine cooling reasons...fyi...the front plate ram air does work and is good for a small hp gain!!! now that i think abt it the big mouth would put more air right up to the air box of the c4 so it too might help a bit but prob. not near as good as the front plate deal!!! i might be off base with this one i would have to go study the whole thing...any others chime in if u have thought abt this at all. it may be the path of the big mouth would do little if anything for higher psi around the air box because the factory had a blocker flap to prevent hydro lock up in case u hit a rain puddle at speed the prevent h20 injestion into the air intake...now if u remove the blocker well then it might help but the hydro lock would be a big concern in wet weather!!! no doubt!!!
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote