ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Off Topic > OFF TOPIC

Old 10-29-2008   #11
limey

Default Re: Kurt White (Limey) is new member!

To clarify for those asking.

I have my 415 @ haibecks now, it was pulled out of one somewhat well known builder after sitting there for 2 + years waiting on this and that, esp. Moldex though as they have had my crank for two years and now have no idea of what i call about, i have given up on that. It seems my 415 crank has gone MIA, hence i need a new one! Mark will put the motor back together for me once and for all, and more than anything, i want the car to idle when i walk away from it. It has never done this before.

The car i purchased from Julio 3 years ago has the 368 motor in it now, (the 408 is @ SGC) & the 368 is the one that the cams have gone bad, now when i mean bad, they are rattling like a bag of marbles after less than 10 miles of driving the car. I got the car back 4 weeks or so ago after been at the shop for 3 years, 10 miles of driving normal, the motor cut out and wouldn't start again. i got it to fire up this morning but it rattles awful and has low oil pressure and no power. It appears to me that the cams are locking up in the head. These are SGC stage 3 cams, at this point in time, i have no idea what the reason is the cams are making this noise, i will let Mark decide that, the car is on the way to him early next week. Once he has the motor out and the cam covers off, i'll post up his response, but the 368 motor is not my priority, i want Mark to finish the 415 for me and put it in the car and then send it back to me. He'll then work on the 368, so this may be 4-6 months though before i know what exactly went bad on the 368. Hell, what's another 6 months when it took 3 years last time for the build. I only wish i had gone to Haibecks the 1s time, all this $$$$$ and time wasted!

PS, i'm still looking for a 415 crank, that or maybe someone has some buddies @ moldex and they can get me back my 415 crank?
limey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008   #12
Zr1 Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by limey View Post

PS, i'm still looking for a 415 crank, that or maybe someone has some buddies @ moldex and they can get me back my 415 crank?
Give Ronny Woods a call....I think he has another stroker crank laying around his castle...lol!
Zr1 Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008   #13
Pete

Sorry to hear about your crank.
Damn,there goes a good crank.
I bet if someone calls Moldex for a 415 crank there will be no waiting,
of course at the full price. lol

Pete
'91 #1635 PoloGreen 350 LT5
11.09 @ 129.27
11.04 @ 128.86
474RWHP 400RWTQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFNFOhGGlR4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlRIOMwaDYY
https://sites.google.com/site/peteszr1garage
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008   #14
Zr1 Destroyer

How bad is the crank out of the 415 car and/or is it not fixable?
Zr1 Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote