ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 12-15-2003   #1
Anonymous

Default LT5

Is the LT5 emblem an abreviation of LoTuS Or is it merely a coincidense??.(Edited by Brit415 at 7:48 am on Sep. 3, 2003)
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003   #2
Anonymous

No, the monniker comes from the base Corvette engine at the time, the LT-1 (which was first a Corvette engine name back in the early 70's). In 1996, the LT-4 engine was released as well.Just a coincidence. That is quite an imagination you have there. ;-)Brett
Old 12-15-2003   #3
Anonymous

I think it's way cool, wish I had tought of it.
Old 12-15-2003   #4
Anonymous

My imagination works wonders especially when a pretty girl walks down the road. In 1990 when the Zr1 was 1st introduced a car in Britain was also introduced,,,Vauxhall(GM Britain) took a vauxhall Carlton and gave it to Lotus who in turn turned it into the fastest (and still is)factory produced saloon in the UK ,,they turbo charged a 3.6ltre,,motor and gave it bigger wheels as well as othe mods, ,the car would top out at around 175mph and had blistering acceleration.Lotus made sure their yellow badges adorned the fenders&boot and they called it the "Lotus Carlton",,seeing as Lotus played such a big part in the ZR1 it seems strange that they did not attach some sort of tag to the car,if indeed they were allowed to?To me it wouldnt matter about the badges,but i am a tad curious.
Old 12-15-2003   #5
Anonymous

Patton

Whats a saloon, and a boot for that matter?-Curious
Old 12-15-2003   #6
Anonymous

Sorry,boot =trunk,saloon=sedan(i think,it has 4 doors?),i was doing well i thought with fenders...then i lost it.Some other diffrences,Hood=Bonnetfender=wingMotor=engineWinds hield=windscreentranmission=gearboxStation wagon=estate car
Old 12-15-2003   #7
Anonymous

I think the reason is that Lotus did not build the LT-5, they just helped design it. I hate it when people say that the only drawback to the ZR-1 is that it doesn't have a Corvette engine.The LT-5 is Corvette's engine! In fact, it's more a Corvette's engine than any other engine, if you really want to define the terms. Last time I checked, the ONLY car that has EVER had the LT-5 in it was a..........CORVETTE. Just because it's DOHC doesn't mean it isn't Corvette's engine!Garbage.Sorry for the rant, haha. Brett
Old 12-15-2003   #8
Anonymous

absolutely!Lotus did not get brought in from the outside ..GM owned them,besides its probably the only time Lotus got involved with a decent EngineI think that its a shame GM didnt carry on with multi valve/cam motors,but then thats what makes the LT5 unique.(Edited by Brit415 at 2:39 pm on Sep. 14, 2003)
Old 12-15-2003   #9
bans25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit415
absolutely!Lotus did not get brought in from the outside ..GM owned them,besides its probably the only time Lotus got involved with a decent EngineI think that its a shame GM didnt carry on with multi valve/cam motors,but then thats what makes the LT5 unique.(Edited by Brit415 at 2:39 pm on Sep. 14, 2003)
Brit415,

GM did continue w/a simular motor... The Caddy Northstar!