ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 06-19-2008   #11
flyin ryan

Default Re: FS: Bryant 4.125 crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpepmeie
Ryan,
how in the world would you get to 1510g bobweight? I'd like to learn what components would do that. Lightest I could see a way to was about 1600g, with 530g steel rods and 425g pistons. Even that's cutting some new ground as far as LT5s are concerned.

Todd
ya...well that's not the first time i've been accussed of cutting new ground, LOL. in my world it's really not all that edgey. as some on here know, the car in my avatar is a 441 S.B. & off the top of my head i think the bobweight on that is 1410 gms. to get it down, titanium pins are a must, smaller diameter pins (.866"), at least .043" x .043" x 3.0mm ring pack & smaller rod journal diameter. i routinely use Honda size (1.889") & right now i'm doing one that is Mitsubishi size (1.772"). by doing that bearing speed is slower, crank is lighter, bearings are lighter & rod big end is lighter & smaller overall, which in turn also ends up giving you more swing room if you will. now this stuff is all naturally asperated so it's a little flyweight for a power adder combo, IMO. don't get me wrong Todd, 1600's is not heavy, i'm not saying that but if i'm going to do something for me...well, lets just say it has to be interesting. thanks again for your time Todd. appreciate it & didn't mean to get off topic of your original thread.
Old 06-21-2008   #12
tpepmeie

Default Re: FS: Bryant 4.125 crank

Updated: I can bring this with me to Bloomington Gold next weekend if I have a buyer.

Todd
tpepmeie is offline   Reply With Quote