ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 05-23-2008   #1
GOLDCYLON

Default re: A-Mold possible Craigslist scammer

Folks a few days ago a post went at the other Corvette Forum about a Detroit Craigslist ad for two sets of rear ZR-1 A-Molds. I believe the guy selling the two sets of rear is a possible scammer. I present the following for the rest of the forum to decide.

There are two ads on Craiglist the first ad lists 4 11X17 ZR-1 wheels with one pic of two wheels side by side. The cost is $1000.00 and the added comments to the for sale ad details how the guy wants to sell local only has he has received 5 bad check for the items already. The ad also lists the verbiage I have several hi res digital photos and I can prove these wheels are from my car. (Well rather weird ad) but I need one rear so go for it but why would anyone say something like that.

I call and confirm this is actually a set of ZR-1 wheel off of a 94 ZR-1 that “Russ” had due to an insurance claim where there was a settlement on the wheels and damage. They are two 9.5 fronts and 2 11 inch rear wheels OEM and he rattles off the correct AFS numbers. He points me to his other ad on Craigslist where the Wheels are now $800.00 for the set of four and has three pictures of one front and one rear from three different angles. Same ad verbiage is cut and pasted in this at.

We agree that the best way to handle the sale is to go via Paypal or a postal money order and he calls me back with a shipping price. I ask for more pics specifically a set with ALL Four together along with pics of the AFS stampings before I would send either a check or Paypal. Long story short I would never receive any photos beyond what was posted on the for sale ad. Also a mysterious gentleman came to his door and offered him $1200 cash for the wheel. Heres the cut and paste from the emails. What would you think? Peace ZR-1 Brothers!!!

Here is some of the text

Good moring Daryll
Bad news, My door bell rang this moroing and the man at the door who never contacted me figured out where I lived some how . He had cash and paid $1200.00 cash we went to the bank the money was good . Sorry Ihad to take the deal!

----- Original Message ----
To: RUSSELL ROOSA <russellroosa@yahoo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 4:08:52 PM
Subject: Re: Wheels

Russell send me a request for payment via paypal to
goldcylon@earthlink.net. That why I can get to it. Please send me a picture of the front and rear wheels together. Your photos show one front and one rear only. I would like to see a pic of the rear wheels stamping and front wheel stampings together. The numbers are right but I still want to see them together before I release the funds in the early morning. Thanks Daryll

-----Original Message-----
Sent: May 21, 2008 10:00 AM
To: Goldcylon

The wheel are factory orignal 11,000 miles never driven in winter #10244047 AFS 17.2X11X36 AND 10214047AFS 17.2X95X56 LIKE NEW SEE PHOTOS. all wheels are off my car so the off set will be the same. I opened a pay pal account but I do not see an account # I opened it in my yahoo address they e -mail me and I can find it but I am not sure how you can get to it!

To: RUSSELL ROOSA <russellroosa@yahoo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 6:31:41 AM

Russell called and left you a message last night. Also sent a few emails. I am looking for a pic of the two rear wheels side by side and can you verify the rear wheels are stamped 17.2X11X36 and Japan. My intention is to pay you Thursday morning (Tomorrow) but would need those pics and number verification before I send the funds. Just want to make sure im getting the right wheels and almost 1K is a lot to spend when you cant see the wheels in front of you. I will also need a total and you paypal address if its not tied to this Yahoo account. LMK Thanks Daryll

-----Original Message-----
Sent: May 20, 2008 12:31 PM
To: Daryll Fust Home

4 wheels
To: russellroosa@yahoo.com
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 6:50:59 AM
Subject: re:Wheels

Russell are these a complete set of wheels? Two fronts and two rears or one front and one rear? Daryll

I don’t know folks. I call it like I see it…..
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V

Last edited by GOLDCYLON; 01-20-2009 at 11:55 AM.
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008   #2
ScottZ95ZR1

Default Re: A-Mold possible Craigslist scammer

Daryll,

The seller was for real but it was a strange deal. I drove 2 hours to Detroit to make the purchase last Thursday (as planned - not unannounced as his email to you portrayed). The wheels were a complete set and he required I accompany him to the bank to verify my cash was good. During our trip to the bank he showed me a half-dozen cashier checks he had received that proved to be fraudulent. He also mentioned being contacted by a very interested party from Arizona. I found that curious as I had just been outbid on a collectible, farewell ZR-1 card by a very friendly gentleman from Arizona :-)
ScottZ95ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008   #3
ZZZZZR1
Banned
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottZ95ZR1
Daryll,

The seller was for real but it was a strange deal. I drove 2 hours to Detroit to make the purchase last Thursday (as planned - not unannounced as his email to you portrayed). The wheels were a complete set and he required I accompany him to the bank to verify my cash was good. During our trip to the bank he showed me a half-dozen cashier checks he had received that proved to be fraudulent. He also mentioned being contacted by a very interested party from Arizona. I found that curious as I had just been outbid on a collectible, farewell ZR-1 card by a very friendly gentleman from Arizona :-)

Wow... Great price! You had to drive to get it, but great find!
ZZZZZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008   #4
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottZ95ZR1
Daryll,

Well enjoy them, He sold them to me last Monday which I guess makes me somewhat interested. $800 plus $190 Shipping or a Grand total $990 shipped!!!!!!! I was to paypal him the money Thursday once he got his paypal address worked out as he was having trouble. Then the somebody showedup at my door ******** email Thursday. I guess for $400 extra and the fact he didnt have to ship he looked the other way....
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V

Last edited by GOLDCYLON; 05-27-2008 at 01:05 PM.
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote