ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 05-17-2008   #1
Toyvet1

Default Fuel issues update

Heres the latest on my fuel issues. The car was running fine with the excption of a unsteady idle. My thinking was with sixteen injector there was sixteen possible leaks. I ordered rebuilt bosch from Fuel injectors Connection.

After replacing the injectors and taking the car for a ride the problem started. On the way to -=Jeff=- house the stumbled/backfired. When i went to leave the car would not fire. After some trobleshooting and a call to Pete suggested the fuel pumps were the issue. After swapping the fuel pumps tha car still ran like crap.

Both fuel pumps were replaced and car ran better but still poor.Bench testing showed on dead fuel pump. After some checking I found three bad injectors. Changing the injectors cured the problem and car ran fine until it was time for the secondarys to go to work. A code 61 was appearing.

Once again the plenum was removed for the fifth or sixth time to replaced the secondary vacuum hose assembly. Once that was done the car runs great. I cant wait to take it for a ride in the morning, the trip to Bowling Green was a drag running primarys only.But did manage 24.3 mpg round trip.

I cant say enough good about Jon at Fuel Injection Connection. After reading my first post he call and asked what he could do to help.I explained the problem he offered to ship me a new set of injectors. I wanted to replace the fuel pumps first to see if that was the issue. He went as far to recreate the problem in his shop and called me with the results. Jon overnight shipped me a fresh set of injectors to me. He followed up with numerous emails and phone calls. I didnt think there was service like this anymore.

I have to say learning how to work this car is a learning cure. Not a steep curve but a fun one. Thanks to everone who offered any help.....
Toyvet1 is offline   Reply With Quote