ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 4 Hours Ago   #1
mackguy

Default Full power all the time?

Hi Everyone.
Just picked up my 93 40th Anniversary yesterday, learning all the quirks and figuring out what will need to be addressed soon etc.

One oddity I noticed is that while the "power" key does illuminate the green light, the car doesn't drive any different.

I checked Haibeck's performance test which he says it should get from 30-70+ in 2nd in about 4 seconds, and particularly pull strong above 5500. My car does... whether the full power light is on or not..

I wondered if my car has a "chip" but it does seem to still have skip shift (though I only encountered it once so far) and my understanding is, at least with Haibeck, it defaults to "light on" and you can still turn it off... just reverses the factory setup.

Obviously if the key is going to make no difference, I'd rather it be in full power all the time rather than not, but I'd personally prefer it work as intended from the factory.

Has anyone encountered something like this? Any ideas what to check for? I know some people do "secondary delete" but I thought that usually gets done with a tune that also would take out skip shift...
mackguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Hour Ago   #2
rufcar

Default Re: Full power all the time?

I have the Haibeck chip and I leave the key is as its always on.
rufcar is offline   Reply With Quote