ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 1 Week Ago   #1
cbaclawski

Default Selling my 1990 with Lingenfelter 368 package

First off - I didn't see a for sale section so I'm posting this here. Apologies if this is the wrong place.

Asking Price: $15,000

After spending the last month or so getting this car squared away, I definitely have mixed feelings about selling it. That said, I need the space in my driveway and garage so something has to go. Turns out I'm more of a BMW guy so I'm somewhat begrudgingly looking to sell.

I am posting this here first, and will probably leave here exclusively for a week or so. I'd much prefer to sell this car to an enthusiast who knows about it. It's a "driver" for sure, and certainly not a collector piece. That said, it does have the Lingenfelter 368 package, but unfortunately a salvage title(prior to my ownership).

The good:
-83k miles, but Lingenfelter rebuild done around 45k
-a few years ago, but very few miles ago, I shipped this car to Mark Haibeck for a thorough check up and 3.73 gears (the 4.09 from the lingenfelter package was too short for my taste, but they'd be included)
-fresh paint on the top half of the car and front - looks fantastic.
-Runs great - Marc also installed his modern tune while he had the car.
-its FAST, even by modern standards (the ONE time I took this car to a drag strip, it ran a faster 1/4 than my aston v12 vantage s and my supercharged 2011 BMW M3 - I think I posted about it here when it happened)
-New Fuel Pumps, Battery, oil pressure switch, master cylinder, brake calipers, coolant reservoir, alternator
-Secondary actuators deleted
-"Skip shift" deleted

The neither good nor bad:
-Currently has race bucket seats installed with a harness bar and 6 point harnesses. I have the original seats and would include them, The installed seats and harnesses are high end RACETECH pieces
-Hawk DTC 70 brake pads
-When the car was painted, They didn't paint the rear bumper(honestly DK why). It was faded and really looked bad. In preparation for this sale I painted the offending areas myself. I think I did a decent job but it's not perfect. Better than a 10 footer, but if you look you can see some issues. Some of these could probably be corrected with a little elbow grease, but a perfectionist would probably want to repaint the bumper. (If I was keeping the car I'd be perfectly happy with how it looks as is)

The bad:
-Obviously the title, however there is zero frame damage.
-the tires have plenty of tread, but they(specifically the rears) absolutely suck, I hate them(sumitomo 180TW). They rear grip is so bad that I thought something might be wrong with the car(also posted here at the time) Once I switched to different rear tires (mounted on different wheels *black non matching rims with NT05's that i bought from a member here*) it handles like a dream.
-I replaced the oil pressure switch because it was leaking. For a while after, there were still some small oil spots showing up underneath to where I though there still might be a leak. I now believe that it was just residual oil as I no longer see any leakage.
-The headliner on the removable roof is completely gone. It was sagging pretty bad so I just removed it. Always meant to address, but never did.
-Windshield has the typical yellowing in the corners.
-I THINK I have all the trim pieces needed to reinstall the factory seats and anything removed to accommodate the harness bar, but can't 100% guarantee it.
-original A/C - r12 - completely dry. I'm not sure if it has a leak so I have not attempted to re-fill. Assume there is a refrigerant leak.

The extras- I have the following that will come with the car:
-spare rear wheels, I believe they are off a 1992, painted black, with aged but very usable nitto NT05 Tires
-4.09 gears - I had the rear changed to 3.73 as I felt like the 4.09 gears from the lingenfelter package were too short
-Original seats - They are in really nice shape(red). As previously stated, I *THINK* I have all the original hardware required to re-install, but not 100% certain as I have not attempted to re-install. Everything I got back from the shop who installed the seats is still in the box they returned to me.
-Various trim pieces that were removed to accomodate the harness bar. Again, I *think* I have everything, but without attempting to put back in I can't say i'm 100% certain nothing is missing.
-Full documentation of the Lingenfelter work

I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple things but thats the most important stuff.

pics:

Last edited by cbaclawski; 1 Week Ago at 12:45 PM.
cbaclawski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #2
cbaclawski

Default Re: Selling my 1990 with Lingenfelter 368 package

Old 1 Week Ago   #3
cbaclawski

I don't necessarily NEED to sell this, but I really WANT to, so don't be shy if you have an offer!
Old 1 Week Ago   #4
scorp508

Nice honest ad. That's a heck of a lot of fun for $15k and would make someone an awesome weekend race toy. Wish I had the space for her. Good luck with the sale.
1994: ZR-1 #150, Admiral Blue / Black
2015: Z06 Coupe, Z07, M7, Arctic White / Red
scorp508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #5
cbaclawski

Forgot to mention, Car has an upgraded "Ron Davis" race radiator. It was installed a few years back, but car has not been driven much since. IDK how much age affects radiator performance, but its "low mile" whatever that's worth. I never had any heat issues after installation.

Last edited by cbaclawski; 1 Week Ago at 09:25 AM.
Old 1 Week Ago   #6
Joebuck

This would be in the bag if I wasn't rebuilding an e36 m3
Joebuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #7
bmarcum

Interesting car and I 100% agree that if I was looking you are the guy I would want to buy from. I very much appreciate your openness. Why does the car have a totaled title. The the only thing I don't understand. Also do you have an info on the 368 package? All the engine I have seen have the intake marked. Did Marc give you a dyno sheet?
bmarcum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #8
scorp508

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmarcum View Post
All the engine I have seen have the intake marked.
Some aren't. Dennis Derr's 1995 with an LPE LT5 had no markings on the plenum when he bought it until he had it added later.
1994: ZR-1 #150, Admiral Blue / Black
2015: Z06 Coupe, Z07, M7, Arctic White / Red
scorp508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #9
cbaclawski

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmarcum View Post
Interesting car and I 100% agree that if I was looking you are the guy I would want to buy from. I very much appreciate your openness. Why does the car have a totaled title. The the only thing I don't understand. Also do you have an info on the 368 package? All the engine I have seen have the intake marked. Did Marc give you a dyno sheet?
Yes, as previously posted just above, this car was not purchased from the dealership with the 368 package installed. The ones that came "new" with the package have the marked intake. This car was sent to lingenfelter around 45k miles to have it retrofitted. I do have documentation from lingenfelter with the vin detailing the package installed and the cost of it at the time.

Regarding the Title: I bought the car with the title in it's current state, so I have no firsthand knowledge and can only repeat what I was told and make no representation either way: The Previous owner backed the car off a trailer forgetting to put the loading ramps on. Obviously when the rear wheels dropped of the back the underside hit the trailer and caused some damage. given the blue book value at the time, his insurance totalled the car. As an owner of a body shop, this makes sense. I also know the frame was never bent(can tell the car was never on a frame machine) and that all damaged parts were replaced.

Thanks for the questions, hopefully even if you aren't in the market someone who might be and has the same questions will see the answers!

Thanks,

Curt

EDIT - just saw your question about a dyno sheet - no, I don't have one unfortunately.

Last edited by cbaclawski; 5 Days Ago at 01:37 PM.
Old 2 Days Ago   #10
bmarcum

Great you have the info not he Lingenfleter 368. I don't know much about his 368 other than anything they touch is awesome. What all do they do for the 368? What the hp/torque. What was the cost of the package.
bmarcum is offline   Reply With Quote