ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 1 Week Ago   #41
rufcar

Default Re: New replacement windshields

The president has it mentioned in his letter in the current heart of the beast issue here online. They are still pursuing it.
rufcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #42
zyal8r

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufcar View Post
The president has it mentioned in his letter in the current heart of the beast issue here online. They are still pursuing it.
Thank you. Where are you seeing the latest issue? The latest I see in the members only section is #64 from Q3/Q4 2023?

https://www.zr1netregistry.com/Membe...lications.aspx

Still hopeful...

Thanks
Mike
1995 ZR-1 #004 - Yellow/Black
1996 LT4 #3828 - Yellow/Beige/LT4/Z51 - 1 of 4
zyal8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #43
rufcar

Mike i think you are correct as it is an older issue and I didn't notice that Sorry. . Then again, I spoke to a board member at Carlisle, and he told me it was to be brought up at their next board meeting.
rufcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #44
viper107

crazy,how did it evan come about that they were in production but now safelight nows nothing,lmao
95 admiral blue z(sold)/ / 93 ruby z(sold) 91 steel blue z/95 aqua z haibeck 510, 91 callaway 415 areobody #5
viper107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #45
zyal8r

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper107 View Post
crazy,how did it evan come about that they were in production but now safelight nows nothing,lmao
I can only speak for myself that it was wishful thinking, and the idea that Safelite might know something. So it didn't hurt to ask questions. They clearly have no idea.

It's been nearly six months since we learned anything of substance from the Registry team, unfortunately. I've posted in various threads hoping for updates, but really haven't seen anything from anyone in the know. (No news is good news, maybe?) I hoped Carlisle would be a great opportunity for an update.

Approaching another winter so fewer opportunities to drive the car, but it would be amazing to see out of the Z. I may revert to my original plan of a standard windshield with inside tint to look like a ZR-1.

Even some of the nicest low-mile cars have had standard windshields installed. @viper107, didn't your '95 Admiral have a pretty bad windshield? It had like 750 miles, and didn't seem to really impact value on BaT?

Mike
1995 ZR-1 #004 - Yellow/Black
1996 LT4 #3828 - Yellow/Beige/LT4/Z51 - 1 of 4
zyal8r is offline   Reply With Quote