ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 07-30-2022   #1
Hobbes

Default Need advice for 91 and LT4 Catback

Posted on the FB group also. Need some guidance. I picked up a clean LT4 exhaust with the intention of swapping out on my ?91. My plan was for stock manifolds to lt4 catback and add cutouts. Based on reading old posts on the forum, I thought it was just a matter of removing the u-bolt clamp on passenger side manifold, which would then present as a slip fit and everything would bolt right up.

After removing the stock exhaust, I discovered that the drivers side pipe is a good bit longer on the LT4 vs LT5 exhaust.

I wasn?t planning on doing headers right now, but the frustration level is high enough that I may just bite the bullet and drop the coin for OBX, SW, or Henderson Performance (assuming he?s still producing them). If I go the header route, will they bolt right up to the LT4 exhaust or will I need to still do modifications?

Side note?anyone have headers they want to sell??? 😆
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D2A4F5E3-5B93-4F6C-A5F0-2C61DB3300F9.jpg (243.2 KB, 14 views)
1991 ZR-1 Dark Red Metallic/Black #1648 Stainless Works headers, OBX cat-back, Haibeck chip, Haibeck 170 degree thermostat, throttle body coolant bypass, led headlights & fog lights, Etoile 455 3-piece wheels.

1973 Stingray Black/Black #421. ZZ4 with Holley Sniper EFI, Tremec TKO-600 5 speed, 3-row aluminum radiator, 18? Foose legend wheels, + lots more.
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022   #2
-=Jeff=-

Default Re: Need advice for 91 and LT4 Catback

you will still need to do a couple simple mods.. I don't have pictures handy and my car is currently not on my Kwik Lift. but I have Headers- Cats-LT4 exhaust
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - Flowmaster Cats - Borla Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote