ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 Members' Rides

Old 02-26-2008   #1
EuroPete

Default Overseas 1990 ZR1 red / red #759

Hi everybody,

My name is Pedro, I'm from Spain (Europe) and this is my '90 red on red ZR-1:

I bought it only a month ago but all I can say is that I am amazed with the car. It has only 27,000 original miles and it's in great shape. The previous owner was a car collector that used once in a blue moon (2,000 miles in 12 years) so when I first saw it, it was covered in dust in the garage surrounded by another 50 or 60 cars.

I've always been a ZR-1 fan since this car was first released. I can clearly remember it in the sticker collections I used to do when I was a kid: 375 bhp, top speed 190, priced $60,000, I'll never forget that first visual contact!!!

I also want to thank all the people of this board who have helped me out in a couple of threads related to replacing certain car fluids (transmission and coolant). Besides that, all the information hosted here is tremendously useful for those like me who live outside the US and don't have an easy access to advice for ZR-1's. Thanks a lot for that too.

Before I leave I also want to say that I love your country. Last year I spent my honeymoon there and it was a great experience. In addition, I could meet personally a friend living in Wisconsin I made thru Ebay and he and all his family made my wife and I feel like home since the very first moment. Is there anything more breathtaking than being welcomed to a foreign country with an American and Spanish flag hanging in someone's flagpole? Definitely I don't think so.

P.D: By the way... I know the front bumper and the fenders are not the correct ones for a '90 ZR-1. I have to talk to the first two owners and do a research about this matter.
EuroPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008   #2
Jeffvette

Default Re: Overseas 1990 ZR1 red / red #759

Looking good and welcome to the forum.

Always good to see the new members throw up pictures of their cars.
Old 02-26-2008   #3
tomcat

Very Nice

Manfred E.....
91 ZR1 #906
http://pnwzr1.net
tomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008   #4
Nick

Welcome and thanks for posting! I love seeing pictures of the cars from different countries.
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #32 - lapsed...
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008   #5
Jeffvette

BTW, are you going to finish of the conversion to the 91-95 molding?
Old 02-27-2008   #6
flyin ryan

welcome Pedro , thanks for sharing some pics. you must turn some heads, can't be too many like yours in Spain.
Old 02-27-2008   #7
EuroPete

Thank you everybody for your welcome messages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffvette
BTW, are you going to finish of the conversion to the 91-95 molding?
I don't think so, in fact if I could turn the car back to 1990 stock appearance easily, I'd do it. There's an abandoned burgundy 89 Vette in the same garage I park my ride, I'm seriously thinking about talking to the owner and making him a low offer for it, that way I could get the front bumper and both fender for a reasonable price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyin ryan
welcome Pedro , thanks for sharing some pics. you must turn some heads, can't be too many like yours in Spain.
Yes you're right, not many ZR-1's in Spain, as far as I know. Besides frank12's 91 yellow one, there's the list of all I've seen: '90 (5), '91 (3), '93 (2) and '94 (1). I'll hang some pictures of them as soon as I have the chance.

Last edited by EuroPete; 02-27-2008 at 04:16 AM.
EuroPete is offline   Reply With Quote