ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 04-20-2022   #21
DRM500RUBYZR-1

Default Re: 91 Quaser Blue, 211 mi, sold on BaT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spork2367 View Post
You and I certainly agree to disagree on this, but I've been watching these cars for years and years, collecting data, doing statistical analysis, etc. Saying they have quietly been going up for years is misleading. They are higher now than they were 5 years ago. In that same span of time they were up, then down, then down more, then back up slightly...

The entire used car market is up 45%. Take a ZR-1 that sold for 30k two years ago and add 45% and you're at 43.5k. Now look at the exceptional number of low mileage cars that have come out lately. Two years ago a car like this might have sold for 55k. That would be 80k today. Add the "poorly informed impatient buyers premium" that BAT seems to bring and it's not that far off. Let's face it, a used Toyota 4Runner is up well over 55% in the last year. I'm not sure the price increase as of lately is anything more than the current car market inflation.
We can check back in another year or two and see where things are.
Short intervals often are quite volatile.
The long term trend has been up.
Time will tell how much and how sustained.
I would agree at some point there will be a period of retreat from the loftiest numbers.
Even so, the overall numbers will be higher than they have been.
Collectively, it was thought that the 100k days of ZR-1's died in 1990.

Good to see what has been happening.

The best part is that it helps at all condition and mileage levels, just not as wildly.

A toast to the future;
Whatever it may bring.

Marty
DRM500RUBYZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022   #22
spork2367

Default Re: 91 Quaser Blue, 211 mi, sold on BaT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM500RUBYZR-1 View Post
We can check back in another year or two and see where things are.
Short intervals often are quite volatile.
The long term trend has been up.
Time will tell how much and how sustained.
I would agree at some point there will be a period of retreat from the loftiest numbers.
Even so, the overall numbers will be higher than they have been.
Collectively, it was thought that the 100k days of ZR-1's died in 1990.

Good to see what has been happening.

The best part is that it helps at all condition and mileage levels, just not as wildly.

A toast to the future;
Whatever it may bring.

Marty
The price of a used Toyota 4Runner has risen more percentage wise than a ZR-1 Corvette in the last 12 months. Couple that with the general inflation rate and it looks like the cars are doing much better than they are. Don't get me wrong, they are up, but short of a recession they will always be going up.
spork2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022   #23
XfireZ51

Default Re: 91 Quasar Blue, 211 mi, sold on BaT

Honestly, I think we have a different dynamic working here than in previous periods.

First of all, the introduction of the new LT6 DOHC in the Z06, I believe, has stimulated increased interest in the only other Corvette to ever have a bespoke DOHC motor. IOW, the C4 ZR-1 is being seen as the progenitor of the LT6.

Secondly, the C8, particularly the Z06 version, represents what is likely the last generation based on an ICE platform. This distinguishes it from any other previous generation and it appears GM decided to take the powertrain guys off their pushrod leashes. The only other time that ever happened was with the LT5.

Third, the C8 has no manual trans available. So where do you find a DOHC Corvette that ONLY had a manual?! The C4 ZR-1.

Fourth, the C4 ZR presents an unvarnished Corvette w a more technologically advanced powertrain, few nannies, and still has the ability of being a DIY project.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX

Last edited by XfireZ51; 04-22-2022 at 10:47 AM.
XfireZ51 is online now   Reply With Quote