ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 02-21-2008   #11
Locobob

Default Re: Which Battery Do you use ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Factor
You prompted my curiosity so I contacted a vendor I bought my motorcycle battery from. He said the PC925's dimensions are H 5.04, W 7.05, L 6.64 and weight is 24lbs. If yours is 26lbs, then you probably have a PC925MJT with a metal jacket which has extra heat and vibration protection. The 380cca of the PC925 is not what Odyssey likes to go by since they claim to have more accurate ratings compared with other battery manufactures. So they say the 925 has in fact 925ca for 5 seconds at 32 degrees (cca is suppose to be a 30 second start at 0 degrees). Supposedly, the battery they recommend for ZR-1's is the PC 1230 which has 710cca, or 1230ca for 5 seconds at 32 degrees. Confused yet?

They claim that some battery companies don't measure with the same parameters, so the numbers are inflated. There is no mandatory requirement for them to use the 30 second crank at 0 degrees to achieve an actual cca number.

Regardless, since you have one in your ZR-1, I added it to the poll.

You are correct - I have the 925MJT. The battery has worked flawlessly for over two years now including several sub freezing cold starts.

ZR-1 Net Registry Oregon State Director

91 ZR-1 #431 Black/Black LPE 368
Locobob is offline   Reply With Quote