ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 02-04-2021   #1
Wiscokid

Default 94 ZR1 Equipped with Code Alarm Model 80

My alarm module is not responding to key fob. I looks like it hung up due to a slow drain drain on the car battery. The company that manufactured is now owned by Viper. The problem is similar to problems with other Viper products. I tried the fix that is associated with other Viper products which is to make sure the battery is charged then disconnect the negative battery cable and reconnect. I did that a couple of time with no luck. I have a fresh battery in the fob. Viper support was no help. They did send me an installation manual for the only Code Alarm system but the manual is for a different model and they said it was the only one they could find. The wiring pin out is different from mine so it's not any help.

They talk about a valet switch that is used to reset the alarm but I can't find it. It should be a small push button.

Right now my car is a static display in my garage and I can't shut off the alarm. The ignition key doesn't shut off the alarm I just have to wait for the alarm to time out and the car doesn't even try to start.

Does anyone know anything about this alarm system?

92 ZR1 with performance chip
Wiscokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021   #2
Mikey

Default Re: 94 ZR1 Equipped with Code Alarm Model 80

I installed one myself in my '94 LT1 C4. Car is gone since I bought the'91 ZR-1 but as I recall I could stop the alarm by using the key in the door. Something like a sequence of turn to unlock, lock and unlock again. I will search my big folder from that car and see if I kept the manual.
My valet switch and button I installed below the steering wheel. There was a small toggle and a small push button. Holding the push button in while turning the key to ignition would also turn off the alarm.

More to follow.
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021   #3
viper107

i have had a ton of old cars with the valet button, they are usually under the steering colume as stated above
95 admiral blue z(sold)/ / 93 ruby z(sold) 91 steel blue z/95 aqua z haibeck 510, 91 callaway 415 areobody #5
viper107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021   #4
staminqia

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper107 View Post
i have had a ton of old cars with the valet button, they are usually under the steering colume as stated above
I have an aftermarket python alarm on my 92. and one key fob works then other doesnt and I am worried that the one that works will stop working. I want to just get rid of the alarm, any info on how to remove it without causing more damage??

thanks
Anthony
Attached Images
File Type: jpg python fob.jpg (267.8 KB, 2 views)
staminqia is offline   Reply With Quote