ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 07-20-2021   #11
Erik

Default Re: Refinishing 1990 Grey Interior Trim

Nice, but not cheap, option. Sure would make for a much nicer interior. I wouldn't do carbon fibre, as i don't think it would work with a 1990 interior design. But a similar grey, or even a piano black, would look very classy.

https://americanhydrocarbon.com/prod...ole-kit-83-96/
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 39E93B09-F690-4130-94E1-FFF24135EBE3.jpeg (268.6 KB, 6 views)

"All Corvettes are red. The rest are mistakes." - John Heinricy
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021   #12
onethumb

Default Re: Refinishing 1990 Grey Interior Trim

I'm facing the same issue. The interior is just getting to me, I can't stand the mismatched colors and scratches anymore.

Looking at having American hydrocarbon do all the bezels and vents in gloss black, but then the problem is that all of your controls are still orange/gray.

So I'll probably try to source new controls too, from the 92-93, to keep the orange/black theme, as I do really like the look of the orange lettering with the gauges (and it has an actual purpose). Hopefully everything plugs in to the proper harness plugs. Anyone know of any "gotcha's" here?

The other problem is that I'll have to source someone to paint or screen on the lettering on the bezels. I mean, I know what the controls do, but it won't look right without symbols and lettering in the proper spots.

The other part that bugs me is the crappy soft black material on the dash, the cove and around the shift console. It sucks. It warps over time and never lined up that well to begin with.

Not sure what to do here except custom work.

I'd love to hear other options. This is all a lot of work for a pure cosmetics, but after 4 years of ownership I just can't take it anymore 😀😀