ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 02-15-2021   #11
dredgeguy

Default Re: WTB C4 ZR1 1991 my dream car

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1ZZR1 View Post
Hi, originally I was planning to register some day in the future, but actually, I have already done it (verification In Progress)
In that case Andrew, welcome to the brotherhood! I am hoping that once we get back to "normal" our international brothers will join us at Bowling Green or Corvettes at Carlisle gatherings. I know it is not the same being here without your car but sure you will still have a blast. Two years ago I lost a brake caliper bolt so my car was down for a few days. I was invited by many to ride shotgun while they had a track day. Was able to ride in ZR-1's with mods such as Haibeck 510 as well as some C7 Grand Sports. Great fun! Looking forward to meeting you in the near future.

1992 Bright Red/Black ZR1 #246
Dana 4:10 gears
Polished LT5 by Haibeck
Polished Fikse FM5's with Michelin Pilot Sport 2
Stainless Works headers and cats with Corsa
dredgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021   #12
Young1

And I lost an alternator 60 miles from anywhere in the mountains. A member was traveling toward us that had a spare and enough tools. I had a blast riding with others for three days. Charlie being one of them.
1991 ZR-1 Quasar Blue Metallic/Black #729
Second Owner
1991 ZR-1 Dark Red Metallic/Black #2040
SOLD

1990 ZR-1 Dark Red Metallic/Saddle #1670
SOLD
Double your happiness.....complain half as much.
Young1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021   #13
dredgeguy

Steve, remember well Jim Voter and you changing out your bad alternator in the parking lot.....I think you kept the tradition alive...an alternator gets changed out every Mountain Run/BG trip!

1992 Bright Red/Black ZR1 #246
Dana 4:10 gears
Polished LT5 by Haibeck
Polished Fikse FM5's with Michelin Pilot Sport 2
Stainless Works headers and cats with Corsa
dredgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021   #14
bowtiguy

welcome to the fold. Sorry you just missed out on my car, it went to a good home/collection.

Other than Marty (RE: Contes Corvettes) I'd be weary of dealer listed cars. Most haven't done or know how to do the proper upkeep and are there just to flip it. That being said, the wealth of knowledge on this forum is unlike any other I've experienced. If your looking to get into a car with some needs and don't mind getting your hands dirty.

There are plenty of well kept member cars. Some owners having multiple cars or members scratching the itch to get into a C8.

Your odds should only increase on New Tears Day for the next four
years as another production year gets added to the list of ZR-1's that you can import for a decent price. Good Luck!
bowtiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021   #15
L1ZZR1

Thanks again for your kind welcome and I will officially say Hi!

I never thought I would own a Corvette, especially a C4 (German competition doesn't sleep and messes with your head) but apparently, it was meant to be... all it took was a few dates to fall in love :-)

I can only guess how many interesting things and fun I missed, but better to join later than never.

Here in Poland, I have already met some C4 owners (mainly LT4) who have super neat cars from the US.
Maybe I can come to my first rally this year and make more friends.

It's a shame I didn't manage to fit in the time frame and become the owner of Mike's Z - it's a beautiful car with a lot of hard work. The new owner is a lucky guy.

I have a few Zs on my list, so I think I'll be able to pick something I'm 100% happy with. A cool head and patience is the key to achieve my goal.

I promise to introduce my new Z baby soon.
L1ZZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote