ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 09-09-2012   #11
richarde

Default Re: Use of Tech 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarde View Post
I am looking for a little help in using my Tech 1 equipment and was wondering if anyone can assist. I have had my 1990 ZR for nearly 10 years and it has just developed rough running when cold, including a massive bog when accelerating. It is fine when warm. I wish to check for any ECM Trouble codes and am looking for some info on carrying out a straightforward check using the Tech 1.

Please note that I have placed a jumper wire across points A and G of the ALDL connector and have 3 CCM TC's - H72, H74 and H22. I am aware of these and know the reasons why they occurred.

Any help with how to use the Tech 1 to interogate the ECM would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Richard - 1990 Charcoal and Grey
Thanks to everyone who has replied to this post - I am planning to connect up tomorrow - I'll leave an update on my results!
Thanks again,
Richard
richarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012   #12
richarde

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
IS your CEL ON?
Hi - When the engine was cold and running rough, the 'service engine soon' light flashed on / off a few times. After it warmed up, the engine was fine with no flashing light - it remained off.
I'm planning on spending some time on it tomorrow - Monday.
Thanks for coming back to me,
Richard
Old 09-10-2012   #13
richarde

Quote:
I am looking for a little help in using my Tech 1 equipment and was wondering if anyone can assist. I have had my 1990 ZR for nearly 10 years and it has just developed rough running when cold, including a massive bog when accelerating. It is fine when warm. I wish to check for any ECM Trouble codes and am looking for some info on carrying out a straightforward check using the Tech 1.

Please note that I have placed a jumper wire across points A and G of the ALDL connector and have 3 CCM TC's - H72, H74 and H22. I am aware of these and know the reasons why they occurred.

Any help with how to use the Tech 1 to interogate the ECM would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Richard - 1990 Charcoal and Grey

Hi - Thanks to all your help, I have now sucessfully used the Tech 1 and established the DTC was a code 22 - Throttle Position Sensor Voltage Low. I unplugged the connector and re-connected it, making sure that it was correctly seated etc. I erased the DTC and road tested the car. So far, everything OK, with no new code appearing.
Thanks again for your help - the Tech 1 looks FUN!!
Richard.
Old 09-13-2012   #14
Socalerv

I could definitely use a copy of the manual. My email is:

erv.myers@oxbow.con

Thanks you
1990 ZR1 #1964
Socalerv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012   #15
HAWAIIZR-1

Thumbs down Re: Use of Tech 1

Quote:
Hi - Thanks to all your help, I have now sucessfully used the Tech 1 and established the DTC was a code 22 - Throttle Position Sensor Voltage Low. I unplugged the connector and re-connected it, making sure that it was correctly seated etc. I erased the DTC and road tested the car. So far, everything OK, with no new code appearing.
Thanks again for your help - the Tech 1 looks FUN!!
Richard.
Hello Richard,

I see that you are in the UK so if you don't already have a TPS on hand, I would suggest you order one. If you need help from to order or ship, let us know. I had the exact same symptoms not too long ago and then the TPS crapped out on me. I don't know why it was funky like that and had intermittent issues, but after replacement it has been good to go. At first I adjusted it and then it acted up so replacement was the way to go.

Best wishes.
Craig
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012   #16
richarde

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIZR-1 View Post
Hello Richard,

I see that you are in the UK so if you don't already have a TPS on hand, I would suggest you order one. If you need help from to order or ship, let us know. I had the exact same symptoms not too long ago and then the TPS crapped out on me. I don't know why it was funky like that and had intermittent issues, but after replacement it has been good to go. At first I adjusted it and then it acted up so replacement was the way to go.

Best wishes.
Craig
Hi Craig
Thanks for the info - I thought that I had the cured the problem only for it to re-appear! Another code 22 and running rough. This time I removed the TPS and found that it was the problem - wide open it was only registering 1.5 to 2 volts instead of min 4.5v. I have ordered a new one from the States today, so it should be here by next weekend.
Thanks again for the info,
Richard
Old 09-15-2012   #17
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
Hi Craig
Thanks for the info - I thought that I had the cured the problem only for it to re-appear! Another code 22 and running rough. This time I removed the TPS and found that it was the problem - wide open it was only registering 1.5 to 2 volts instead of min 4.5v. I have ordered a new one from the States today, so it should be here by next weekend.
Thanks again for the info,
Richard
Hello Richard,

Okay, I hope it all works out with the new part. You want it at .53 volts when closed and maybe even visually see your throttle plate to ensure it its fully closed. Then monitor the % of throttle opening with the voltage of TPS for smooth operation and fully open what voltage and 100% open throttle, etc. I found mine was a little sticky too so it was lubricated. I used my Datamaster when making the setting and can't remember if the Tech 1 has % of throttle position while seeing the voltage at the same time. Best wishes and let us know how it all works out.

Craig
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021   #18
Wiscokid

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGAFF View Post
I have the manuals for Tech 1 if needed, just need your e-mail
I found your post on the forum and I was wondering if you could send me a copy of the Tech 1A manuals. My email address is slunenschloss@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Steve
Wiscokid is offline   Reply With Quote