ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 12-06-2020   #51
dredgeguy

Default Re: Changing Early ZR-1 Instrument Panel to Late One

Well done Marty and Erik, life is too short and glad we are back on track.
Erik, as the owner of a 92 #246 and in fact Marty was the first owner of my car, I will give you my top 10 mods I enjoy the most:
1) Changing the stock alternator to a 200 amp for more power to my AC blower motor. Marc H did the mod and the AC/heater air flow increased from 10 to 14 mph. Much needed with the high humidity and summer temps in MD but might not be a concern for you up north.
2) Having Dr. Don add an aux input to my stock Bose radio (cassette line) so now I have XM radio crystal clear in my car. The XM is hidden in the center console so everything looks stock. I have a RF repeater hidden in the air vent next to my shift light so the remote control works to change channels. The remote would not see through the center console so until we did the RF repeater, it was useless, now all perfect.
3) Short shifter, I have a Hurst but Bill B. is as good if not better. A much better feel than stock and I love the click sound going through the gears.
4) Stainless Works headers and Corsa exhaust...sounds glorious! Mild going through the neighborhood but lets everybody know it is time to play when you get on it.
5) 4:10 gears....1st gear is short but 6th gear very good on the highway. Am about 1750-1800 rpm at 70 mph
6) Vette to Vette (Gordon K) frame stiffener...locks up the frame very well and gets rid of creaks going over uneven roads.
7) LED lights inside and out....good to be able to see at night again. My old eyes are not as good as previous years and the interior lights just look cool at night.
8) Polished LT5....yup, pop the hood at cars and coffee or a car show and go collect your prize.
9) DeWitts 3 row radiator and Marc H radiator screen. Keeping the car cool when stuck in MD beltway traffic is important.
10) Fikse FM5 polished wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport tires...I just love the look.

1992 Bright Red/Black ZR1 #246
Dana 4:10 gears
Polished LT5 by Haibeck
Polished Fikse FM5's with Michelin Pilot Sport 2
Stainless Works headers and cats with Corsa
dredgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote