ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 11-29-2020   #1
ram_g

Default A.M.A.Z.I.N.G...!!!

As documented elsewhere, I've been working on my first plenum pull and injector replacement, that seemed to go ok barring an unfortunate mishap with a socket.
https://www.zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32395
https://www.zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32460

Today I drove the car for the first time after the injector replacement. Wow, what an amazing difference! The car pulled clean and smooth as silk to redline, with no vibrations at all. And the idle at stop lights was so smooth and noise-less that I initially thought it was idling at a higher rpm, only to find the tach indicating the expected 600 rpm.

VERY happy with the results. The cost of the FIC injectors and gaskets from Jerry's, and the plenum DVD from Marc, was all money extremely well spent. And as well, thanks to all of the tips and tricks on this forum!
ram_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020   #2
Erik

Default Re: A.M.A.Z.I.N.G...!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_g View Post
As documented elsewhere, I've been working on my first plenum pull and injector replacement, that seemed to go ok barring an unfortunate mishap with a socket.

Today I drove the car for the first time after the injector replacement. Wow, what an amazing difference! The car pulled clean and smooth as silk to redline, with no vibrations at all. And the idle at stop lights was so smooth and noise-less that I initially thought it was idling at a higher rpm, only to find the tach indicating the expected 600 rpm.

VERY happy with the results. The cost of the FIC injectors and gaskets from Jerry's, and the plenum DVD from Marc, was all money extremely well spent. And as well, thanks to all of the tips and tricks on this forum!
Thanks very much. I'm considering doing the same, for peace of mind if nothing else. Mine were swapped a decade ago, but I'm not sure exactly with what. Also, they have been sitting a lot.

"All Corvettes are red. The rest are mistakes." - John Heinricy
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020   #3
secondchance

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_g View Post

Ram_g,

I know exactly how you felt.
My current 94 is my second Z I bought in 2000. I knew how the car should run, having owned a brand new 91, but 94 just didn?t run the same. I suspected injectors but didn?t want to pay a Chevy dealer. $3,500 and find I was wrong. Finally, by 2009 and FIC offering reasonably priced injectors, I got brave. Took me 8 hours and scared out of my mind trying to pry out injector rails. Finally, after buttoning it up, took it out for a full throttle run and had ?oh what a feeling? moment.
Since then I must have been under the plenum at least two dozen times - mine as well as other Zs.
Job well done!
secondchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020   #4
Erik

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondchance View Post
Ram_g,

I know exactly how you felt.
My current 94 is my second Z I bought in 2000. I knew how the car should run, having owned a brand new 91, but 94 just didn?t run the same. I suspected injectors but didn?t want to pay a Chevy dealer. $3,500 and find I was wrong. Finally, by 2009 and FIC offering reasonably priced injectors, I got brave. Took me 8 hours and scared out of my mind trying to pry out injector rails. Finally, after buttoning it up, took it out for a full throttle run and had ?oh what a feeling? moment.
Since then I must have been under the plenum at least two dozen times - mine as well as other Zs.
Job well done!
You guys are lucky. If the border wasn't closed, I'd be down there with a bunch of your favourite beverage, a good dinner, and a set of injectors.

Old 11-29-2020   #5
secondchance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
You guys are lucky. If the border wasn't closed, I'd be down there with a bunch of your favourite beverage, a good dinner, and a set of injectors.
Eric,

Once we are done with Covid, and we wii be, if you can drive to Wazoo garage in Westminster, MD, I promise to replace injectors and refresh your vacuum maze.
We had guests from NY and, I believe, Canada also. We can replace injectors in 4-5 hours now and that is with a lot of wise cracks and horsing around.
secondchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020   #6
Erik

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondchance View Post
Eric,

Once we are done with Covid, and we wii be, if you can drive to Wazoo garage in Westminster, MD, I promise to replace injectors and refresh your vacuum maze.
We had guests from NY and, I believe, Canada also. We can replace injectors in 4-5 hours now and that is with a lot of wise cracks and horsing around.
I hope to take you up on that offer as soon as possible. Amd I will feed you well.