ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 10-04-2020   #11
Vette73

Default Re: c6-7 ZR1 owners...step inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanZR1 View Post
The 391 is about all the HP (600) I'd want in a C4 ZR-1 for street use. It's fast, loud and lots of fun. It pulls hard all the way to the rev limit (7400) and will embarrass many other sports cars. It's old school, no driver's aids (except ABS), and has tight seats and cockpit that hold you in and make for a great driving environment, but not something you'd want to use everyday.
It's a great weekend fun car to take out and drive once or twice on the weekend and then put away.

The 2012 ZR1 is on a whole different level, at 800HP it's scary fast. If you're really going to floor it and keep your foot in it, you better make damn sure the road in front of you is straight and that's there's no one ahead of you (otherwise you'll be really thankful for those carbon ceramic brakes). The interior is of course more modern, but the seats are more of "GT" (Grand Touring) seats (which I plan on probably upgrading to C7 seats). The cabin is spacious, the AC blows ice cold, the stereo sounds great and you could daily drive it if you really wanted to.
I like the C6ZR1.....I understand it doesn't take much to it to get a HP bump over stock...Prices just seem to not move south on these though....Even some dealers still ask in the 70' s for them...Granted many have low miles but when you compare them to what you could have gotten a C8 for, if you were lucky enough to get one, it seems a bit high...
Vette73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020   #12
JThomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hib Halverson View Post
I own a '19 ZR1, the "Bad-Assed Bee".
Congratulations on the 2019 ZR1 Hib! What color did you purchase?
NCM Master Ambassador
NCM Lifetime Member
Former NCM Board Member
1991 ZR-1 Melon Copper Metallic/Black
1992 ZR-1 Bright Red/Black (Sold)
1995 ZR-1 Bright Aqua/Gray (Sold)
2012 ZR1 Super Sonic Blue / Dark Titanium
JThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020   #13
GOLDCYLON

I have been looking for one but I might go the CTS-V route.
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020   #14
GrayZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette73 View Post
I like the C6ZR1.....I understand it doesn't take much to it to get a HP bump over stock...Prices just seem to not move south on these though....Even some dealers still ask in the 70' s for them...Granted many have low miles but when you compare them to what you could have gotten a C8 for, if you were lucky enough to get one, it seems a bit high...

i'm old school, not really a big fan of the c8 yet, maybe it will grow on me, my c6 with mods, will blow the doors off a c8
GrayZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020   #15
EvanZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette73 View Post
All the used Corvette prices are up right now. C8 is driving a lot of interest, but they aren't available. So people are snapping up used ones and driving prices up. Once GM catches up on the C8, I would expect used prices to fall back down some. It is interesting though that the C6 ZR1s are holding a premium over earlier year C7 Z06s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDCYLON View Post
I have been looking for one but I might go the CTS-V route.
CTS-V is a very nice car, I have several buddies with them and they all love them. For me, I'd go gen 2 as you can get them in a stick. CTS-V gen 2 Coupe with a stick is great, but the really rare one is the gen 2 manual wagon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITLGO2 View Post
i'm old school, not really a big fan of the c8 yet, maybe it will grow on me, my c6 with mods, will blow the doors off a c8
I have two main issues with the C8 right now: no manual and the rear end. The manual I can maybe forgive with the great DCT. A C8 hard top convertible would make a great daily driver that's still a lot of fun. The rear end is a style issue, it's just way to busy and complicated (well the whole car is actually, but the rear end is the worst part), especially when you add the Z51 spoiler. I'm really hoping the come out with an active aero rear spoiler/wing on the Z06 that only deploys at speed as at this point I think the base car without the Z51 spoiler actually looks cleaner.
SOLD - Steel Blue 91 391cid ZR-1 #391
SOLD - Black 91 ZR-1
EvanZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020   #16
Vette73

Yes I read somewhere where the Z06 will have active aero.....I would go no spoiler on the C8......I'm sure the aftermarket will have a cleaner looking spoiler for it..Something along the lines of the C6ZR-1 spoiler..
Vette73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020   #17
JThomas

Evan and Vette73, I agree with both of you on the styling of the C8. I'm holding out for the Z06 variant, with the hopes that the body contours of the fenders and rear quarters better enhance the styling of the car. But for me, it must have an active aero rear spoiler or IMHO a more tasteful spoiler along the lines of what was on the C6 for me to be a buyer. I've given up on the manual transmission issue. I have driven a C8 and the transmission is lightening quick, so I've conceded on that issue, so now it's simply down to styling for me.
NCM Master Ambassador
NCM Lifetime Member
Former NCM Board Member
1991 ZR-1 Melon Copper Metallic/Black
1992 ZR-1 Bright Red/Black (Sold)
1995 ZR-1 Bright Aqua/Gray (Sold)
2012 ZR1 Super Sonic Blue / Dark Titanium
JThomas is offline   Reply With Quote